Best surprise in the line up

JonnyG

18 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Loved their album but was disappointed when I saw them support Chvrches. I'll go check them out though in the hopes it was just a sound issue at the venue. 

Saw them at Heaven last year and they smashed it. You should definitely give them another go :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doug85 said:

They had to close the tent off for him at Radio 1's Big Weekend with a huge queue of people trying to get in so yes I think they have underestimated how popular he will be and how busy that field can get. 

Think it could be a carbon copy of Rag N Bone man from 2017 which was crush central

I agree completely. I’m genuinely surprised they haven’t learned from that mistake.

24 minutes ago, ScarletBlaster said:

Also wanna know this, planning to see IDLES at Truth and then saunter over!

That's my plan - can't see any of my group going to IDLES or Let's Eat Grandma so it'll be an interesting evening for me!

49 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

It's a nice surprise that they're on the line up but Sunflower bean booking seems a bit odd to me. Maybe it's my inflated opinion of them but surprised they're not doing another gig somewhere else over the weekend in a bigger venue.

Them and Sundara Karma. Doesn't make sense why they aren't playing JPT or Other. Especially with the likes circa waves and wombats getting slots. 

14 hours ago, Doug85 said:

They had to close the tent off for him at Radio 1's Big Weekend with a huge queue of people trying to get in so yes I think they have underestimated how popular he will be and how busy that field can get. 

Think it could be a carbon copy of Rag N Bone man from 2017 which was crush central

It sucks for Hozier really who is probably going to lose most of his crowd to him, both him and Billie Eilish could have probably easily played the pyramid this year.

Just had another quick run through the lineup and noticed Johnny Lloyd from the Tribes is playing! Haven't had chance to check out any of his solo stuff but me and a few mates were obsessed with Tribes first album when it came out, so hoping he chucks in a few songs into his setlist! Lovely slot as well - 19:15 - 19:45 up at Strummerville - right before Snapped Ankles!

17 hours ago, The life of Pablo said:

Them and Sundara Karma. Doesn't make sense why they aren't playing JPT or Other. Especially with the likes circa waves and wombats getting slots. 

I love seeing acts in smaller venues than what they would normally be in and it's a reason why I'm loving the lineup so much but some of the placings are strange.

On my 50th pass of the clashfinder and I've only just noticed Cold War Steve's name in the Stonebridge on Sunday afternoon. Not sure if he's speaking or DJing or what but I absolutely love his Twitter stuff, will be trying to check him out.

Edited by Hugh Jass