Best surprise in the line up

JonnyG

10 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

John Cooper Clark, he's one of those people I've always sort of wanted to see, but not enough to actually pay for the experience. Always hoped he'd pop up at a festival I was going to.

Where in the line up is he? Massive fan and seen him many times  but can't spot him.

Thursday! They seem to have increased the number of stages open to help spread the crowds (in particular away from WG!) some great stuff on even during the afternoon.

Happy to see Boy Azooga, Pip Blom & Shame added to the line up - hoping Shame play a second spot somewhere as the Sat eve is clash hell! 

The fact that ive got 3 of my must sees on at 11am each day; Friday - Black Midi, Saturday - Squid and Sunday - Kokoroko. Ive found the longer i take to leave the tent in the morning the harder it becomes, so stumbling out my tent, grabbing a few cans and leaving is usually the best thing to do!

Having said this i very much doubt i'll be this buoyant when the time comes.

24 minutes ago, mario man said:

Thursday! They seem to have increased the number of stages open to help spread the crowds (in particular away from WG!) some great stuff on even during the afternoon.

Happy to see Boy Azooga, Pip Blom & Shame added to the line up - hoping Shame play a second spot somewhere as the Sat eve is clash hell! 

Boy Azooga?? I’d totally missed that one! 

Edited by Phoenix Girl
There’s too much on the line up for me this year, it’s stressing me out! ?

19 hours ago, morph100 said:

Carl Cox disco set in glade being nearly 4 hours long and in the afternoon

Is this definitely a (nicely daytime) disco set, Morph? Where'd you hear / read that?

19 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

So The Orielles are doing a DJ set and no actual set?

Noticed that too. It's just fucking weird.

Could they have a had a better year?

10 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Bring Me The Horizon, no one was talking about them that I’ve seen on here. 

Lots of people I’m happy added but thought they MIGHT play but Horizon is a complete surprise.

Same, I saw they were at a German festival over the dates, but I did do some digging and saw their sets were only for the Friday and Saturday. So seeing them added to Glasto made my Sunday. Hopefully them clashing with Kylie means I can get very central!

16 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Yeah I agree. Can see another Liam Gallagher style crowd situation.

They had to close the tent off for him at Radio 1's Big Weekend with a huge queue of people trying to get in so yes I think they have underestimated how popular he will be and how busy that field can get. 

Think it could be a carbon copy of Rag N Bone man from 2017 which was crush central

20 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

John Cooper Clark, he's one of those people I've always sort of wanted to see, but not enough to actually pay for the experience. Always hoped he'd pop up at a festival I was going to.

I can't see JCC anywhere, am I being daft? would love to see him