TBAs 2019

Tuna

31 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

Saw Confidence Man last night and they were incredible. Would have been a great addition - still hoping they may somehow appear in a secret slot maybe John Peel!

Just come back from seeing them in Bristol; brilliant fun. Why the fuck have they not been booked? A criminal oversight given that A) They're touring the UK the week before and B ) Even the fucking wombats can get a slot on the other.

Edited by zero000
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, kevbizarre said:

Saw Confidence Man last night and they were incredible. Would have been a great addition - still hoping they may somehow appear in a secret slot maybe John Peel!

They’ve responded personally to a pal of mine indicating that, sadly, they’re not at the Farm this year. Shame - they were such a lot of fun in 2017. 

Ben

9 hours ago, kevbizarre said:

Confidence Man are bloody bonkers and brilliant. A performance on one of the main stages and maybe some BBC coverage would really catapult them. I’m surprised they’re not bigger than they are.

Let’s hope we see them at some point!

12 hours ago, james130 said:

Me neither. But I'm just trying to rationalise why he would go from the poster announcement to a TBA, if he's almost 100% confirmed for that slot.

Yeah, you make a good point m80. And the more I think about it the more I realise Sia is huge and probably quite a big pull? Not heard the LSD thing but I guess JP is small enough that they could fill it quite well! Chems have played before and Killers are, imo, not main stage headliners so they'll probs do quite well. Would be wicked if Diplo popped up at Ronson's 5 hour DJ set! 

5 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

They’ve responded personally to a pal of mine indicating that, sadly, they’re not at the Farm this year. Shame - they were such a lot of fun in 2017. 

Ben

But they would* say that, wouldn't they?  I mean, if they're only playing a secret set.

*No they wouldn't, they'd say nothing, but a man can dream can't he?

17 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

They'd be perfect for Thursday WG.

Well they wouldn't, as we wouldn't be able to get anywhere near it, but you know what I mean.

They're a bit of a forum favourite though, this popularity isn't reflected in the outside world in terms of their streaming numbers, venues and simple awareness (the last one is anecdotal, granted). They're way smaller than many of the acts that have played WG over the last few years. It'd still be fairly busy though I guess, full of efesters.

Edited by The Martini Police

50 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

You may not like them but I think you've got this one wrong, champ. 

It's not a case of not liking them, they're not particularly current in any conventional sense, nor are they revered enough to be a heritage act. They sort of occupy this weird middle ground between not quite being has beens but not quite being flavour of the month. 

Just now, WStoner said:

It's not a case of not liking them, they're not particularly current in any conventional sense, nor are they revered enough to be a heritage act. They sort of occupy this weird middle ground between not quite being has beens but not quite being flavour of the month. 

I’m still very much of the opinion that they never would’ve been booked to headline if the original headliner (McCartney) hadn’t bailed/we weren’t in a seemingly dead year for festival headliners. They’re definitely still headliner size, and will pull a huge crowd, but stick out as an odd booking for Glastonbury who is known for booking the biggest or most hyped headliners of the time, neither of which The Killers are (see also: The Cure). Just the way things went this year,  and top billings at other festivals worldwide have shown a pattern of a lack of real killer (no pun intended) headliners. 

1 minute ago, Roger1 said:

This is wishful thinking but what are the chances of Biffy showing up somewhere? Now IOW is done cant see any reason to stop them playing if they wanted to.

Subbed in 2017 so don’t see them coming back so soon. Doesn’t really seem to be anywhere for them to fit anyway considering Foals are all but certain to be the Park TBA.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m still very much of the opinion that they never would’ve been booked to headline if the original headliner (McCartney) hadn’t bailed/we weren’t in a seemingly dead year for festival headliners. They’re definitely still headliner size, and will pull a huge crowd, but stick out as an odd booking for Glastonbury who is known for booking the biggest or most hyped headliners of the time, neither of which The Killers are (see also: The Cure). Just the way things went this year,  and top billings at other festivals worldwide have shown a pattern of a lack of real killer (no pun intended) headliners. 

Yeah this pretty much sums it up. 100% headliner if booked though. 

Just now, august1 said:

So the most 'solid' info on foals was from the same source as it's nailed on for Diplo..

Neil had info that Foals are playing on the Saturday (and that was before the lineup was announced)

Anyone sensible knew it wasn’t Diplo, why on earth would he have been on the poster and kept as a TBA.

Its still all good for Foals being there

15 hours ago, zero000 said:

Just come back from seeing them in Bristol; brilliant fun. Why the fuck have they not been booked? A criminal oversight given that A) They're touring the UK the week before and B ) Even the fucking wombats can get a slot on the other.

Spot on about the wombats.

Seem to be there every year, yet utterly shite. V mysterious.

Sean Paul? Nah

4 minutes ago, Jamesthedrake said:

Diplo could still rock up for this I guess. Sean Paul has guested on a few Major Lazer tracks.

Given we're pretty sure Diplo pulled out very late in the day it'd be even weirder if he turned up for this. 

18 minutes ago, august1 said:

So the most 'solid' info on foals was from the same source as it's nailed on for Diplo..

Pretty sure that was one of those occasions where the ITK person’s info had originally come from the rumours on here, or the same initial source at least.

Edited by Bradders