TBAs 2019

Tuna

1 minute ago, sisco said:

surely Bros and Foals are the 2 likely ones for The Park.  Still think it’ll be a dance act replacing Diplo too.  Thought Silk City but with Mark Ronson on after it makes it unlikely I guess. 

Silk city is Diplo.... would be odd if Diplo cant do the set but Diplo can?? :D

Seems strange to keep the John Peel Sat night headliner at TBA if it does still turn out to be Diplo (/and Mark Ronson). Not exactly one to set the pulses racing when the rumour mill kicks in on site.

If it does stay TBA when the gates open then I reckon we could be looking at a big headliner. They've already shown they can cope with huge crowds with the Killers in 2017.

That said, I'm still expecting Diplo. He's still got Glastonbury listed on his website, he's still free Saturday and he's now removed the Romanian festival he had on Sunday.

21 minutes ago, sprocketrocket said:

It's been mentioned before, but I didn't see a response... Thom Yorke European tour starts 02/07 he's a friend of the festival etc... 

Yeah I reckon he'll pop up somewhere over the weekend. Probably at 3am DJing in a random tent.

Do we think Robyn could be one of the TBAs?

Reasons:

* Caitlin Moran, who we know is good friends with Emily and has been following her and the festival for that Times article, tweeted a list of people she was excited to see which included Robyn.   When people pointed out that Robyn hadn't been announced, she quickly deleted the Tweet rather than just say "oh, I just assumed she was"

* Robyn is a Wilderness Festival exclusive so they perhaps could only book her if she wasn't announced in advance

* She's in Belgium on the Friday and then free until 3 July

Edited by FakeEmpire
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Park but I'm not entirely sure why that's the assumption. 

Diplo was on the poster and then listed in that JP slot in the Guardian the day the times came out. Therefore, very likely he pulled out (or switched to his other act) late on and it was never supposed to be a secret set. Also, would be strange to have a secret set in a headline slot. Park is the remaining slot big enough that matches the info that Foals are playing somewhere on the Saturday.

8 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Reasons:

* Caitlin Moran, who we know is good friends with Emily and has been following her and the festival for that Times article, tweeted a list of people she was excited to see which included Robyn.   When people pointed out that Robyn hadn't been announced, she quickly deleted the Tweet rather than just say "oh, I just assumed she was"

* Robyn is a Wilderness Festival exclusive so they perhaps could only book her if she wasn't announced in advance

Dont play with my emotions ?

6 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Diplo was on the poster and then listed in that JP slot in the Guardian the day the times came out. Therefore, very likely he pulled out (or switched to his other act) late on and it was never supposed to be a secret set. Also, would be strange to have a secret set in a headline slot. Park is the remaining slot big enough that matches the info that Foals are playing somewhere on the Saturday.

The Killers on John Peel was “secret” in 2017 though?

19 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Reasons:

I really cant work out why she wasnt booked. I could deffo see her taking the Park 6:15 slot, with Foals on the JP. Although I think a Lizzo/Robyn clash would be enough to kill off some people

31 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Reasons:

Good sleuthing. Makes a lot of sense. Maybe too much...

1 minute ago, Deadman Andy said:

Ah sorry, thought they did headline

No problem, they played late afternoon. 

3 minutes ago, august1 said:

Robyn in the JP tent makes sense

It would feel a bit like someone was Robyn Diplo of a headline slot though... 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rubick said:

Just popped in to start a baseless Aphex Twin rumour but since everyone is sitting comfortably on the Robyn train I bid you all Good-day.

The announcement of the printworks gig was enough for me to go back through the glasto lineup to see where I can put him in.