TBAs 2019

Tuna

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Yes but I do worry where our headliners of the future come from

Only a matter of years before we face something like this? Of course not but it’s a worry isn’t it, when people are considering the 1975 for glasto headliner something is very very wrong

E1B1189F-9EBC-46BB-8CEC-75481C1B5ED2.jpeg

• Downvote 2

I agree on the The 1975 musically, but in the modern era where it's almost impossible for guitar bands to grow an audience to the size it used to, you're going to struggle for other bands to headline who aren't just from the old rotation / heritage.

The 1975 are as big as it gets for bands who have emerged in the last five years or so, with Catfish having the potential to do similar. Other than that? You're looking at bands that people who are into music might suggest (Tame Impala, Foals) but really aren't known to the wider public.

13 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Did a secret set on the Park last festival so this would be pretty uninspiring. Really don't think it'll be anybody quite that big - just maybe a slightly bigger than usual Park opener, if that. I mean, they're getting five minutes less than Black Peaches on the Sunday, so can't be anybody that special, surely?

You say that but the Proclaimers will draw a pretty substantial (for that time of day) crowd to the Pyramid so it's possible they could sneak someone significant into that slot. Wolf Alice don't seem beyond reasonable, they turned down a headline slot on the Other according to some intel on here. Maybe they said "not this year, but we'll swing by and do a little set for you".

This is all speculation.

I'm still gonna cling to a hope that with a new album out and a history of great sets at Glastonbury and some absolute bangers, that the eavii are going to ring the Charli XCX hotline.

Tbh though, if the new album goes well, I think she's going to get a high slot in 2020.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, august1 said:

Kevin Parker on radio 1 mentioning how much he enjoyed djing with Ronson last time and wants to do it again this year, doesn't appear to be a slot for it on the Friday though. 

Could be a guest during Ronson's 5 hour set at Stonebridge? 

4 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Not really, she's one of the biggest DJ's in the UK for a certain demographic, shite she might be, but she's there due to the fact she's massive.

I'm well aware of that however its clear that Glastonbury are making a conscious effort to have female headliners right across the board this year and rightly so.

Just now, deadpheasant said:

Are we still just blind guessing about the John Peel TBA or has anyone had any more concrete info? 

Blind guessing. Diplo absent from lineup + Guardian listing him as being in that slot + Ronson being on site that night has lead to Silk City being the front runner, but could be way off.

Guessing it won’t stay a TBA before the night though - having a mystery headliner seems like too big of a gamble.

8 minutes ago, redrog said:

Is it normal for William's Green to shut down for 2 hours every evening? I assume it is but I've never noticed it before 

Yeah, I would say it’s to stop having smaller bands go directly against headliners. There’d be no one there.

1 minute ago, EZYSEY said:

I'm well aware of that however its clear that Glastonbury are making a conscious effort to have female headliners right across the board this year and rightly so.

I’m sure there’s a thread on this somewhere but seems bizarre to me. Putting an act on a lineup based on anything other than talent and how exciting the show will be will surely mean less exciting acts have more time and bigger sets

• Downvote 1

I still think Jarv Is must be up for something, he's always there, he's a Glasto chum, he's doing new stuff, is he too big for the early Park slot?  I'd be there for sure!

• Like 1

Just now, bexj said:

I still think Jarv Is must be up for something, he's always there, he's a Glasto chum, he's doing new stuff, is he too big for the early Park slot?  I'd be there for sure!

Not a bad shout for the early Park slot tbh - big enough to justify a TBA but not too big that it’ll have people flooding in once word gets out. I’d be happy if it was him.