TBAs 2019

Tuna

1 minute ago, Madyaker said:

This what I'm thinking. I think they'll headline eventually but it won't be for the 50th. Fingers crossed for the park on saturday though!

Surely they wouldn’t have 3 mega acts even for the 50th though, there’ll be atleast one slightly smaller act I would have thought no?

3 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Yeah that's true. Maybe Foals on the friday? Id still be surprised though

That’s my guess, now don’t get me started on if it’s macca or Elton or Jesus Christ himself in the other 2 slots

43 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Roughly speaking, some of the bigger ones.

THURSDAY

William's Green: 19:30-20:10, 20:30-21:10 - Pale Waves, The Big Moon, ...

FRIDAY

Crow's nest: Black Midi (time?)
Crow's nest: Sports Team (16:00-16:30)

SATURDAY

Park stage: 11:30-12:10 - ? 
Park stage: 18:15-19:15 - Foals

John Peel tent: 22:30-23:45 - Silk City (based on Diplo disappearing, and Mark Ronson being around) 

Arcadia 02:00-03:00 - ?

SUNDAY

Crow's Nest: Snapped Ankles (~01:00)

Expect a lot of these to crop up on Crows Nest: 
- Sports Team, Fontaines DC, Hot Chip miscellenia, Self Esteem, Squid, Flamingods, Pip Blom, Orielles

Nice one!

2 hours ago, jow95 said:

Successfully subbed the pyramid and another successful album this year with part 2 coming out next year, it’s as likely as anyone else out there

Successful? How successful?

Ask your nan is she's heard of Stormzy, then ask her if she's heard of Foals. I bet you this packet of Monster Munch (beef) sitting on my desk that she says Yes then No.

6 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Ask your nan is she's heard of Stormzy, then ask her if she's heard of Foals. I bet you this packet of Monster Munch (beef) sitting on my desk that she says Yes then No.

Wasn’t comparing Stormzy to Foals think both are great headliners, from where I was foals in 2016 was top notch, the sound issue was weird but that was only brief, plenty of songs that loads of people know each album gets better IMO 

10 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Since when did who’s made the most appearances on Jonathan Ross determine who’s a better pyramid headliner? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Thoroughly pissed off about the prospect of a Lizzo/Foals clash. Surely the latter would make for a better JP headliner than any kind of Diplo-based outfit?? I heard Diplo will be furious if he clashes with Chems...

A secret set headlining a stage is daft whoever it is, but especially so if it’s someone who’s as big as Foals. They should get a move on announcing that TBA.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Thoroughly pissed off about the prospect of a Lizzo/Foals clash. Surely the latter would make for a better JP headliner than any kind of Diplo-based outfit?? I heard Diplo will be furious if he clashes with Chems...

Would be very strange to have a secret set as a major stage headliner though. Has it ever happened? It also doesn’t make sense with Diplo being on the poster and then listed in that slot (after the Foals info too). 

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

Surely it's as credible as Silk City?

For what it's worth I don't think either is right.

Not sure I agree. Diplo was meant to be in that slot and has disappeared from the lineup (yet still has dates on his website, for Glastonbury and other festivals), Annie Mac was announced for the Gas Tower and then removed later on, and said she had an unannounced set at a later date. And of course Ronson is around. 

I'm not particularly confident in the SC idea btw, just think it fits far better than any of the rumours around that Arcadia slot atm. 

38 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Not sure I agree. Diplo was meant to be in that slot and has disappeared from the lineup (yet still has dates on his website, for Glastonbury and other festivals), Annie Mac was announced for the Gas Tower and then removed later on, and said she had an unannounced set at a later date. And of course Ronson is around. 

I'm not particularly confident in the SC idea btw, just think it fits far better than any of the rumours around that Arcadia slot atm. 

Fair enough, as I say I think it'll be neither I don't see Ronson jumping from John Peel to Stonebridge in 15 minutes. I think if you're saying only corroborated things should be added then Silk City shouldn't unless someone has something better than Diplo's disappearance. Diplo could well be Arcadia.

10 hours ago, gigpusher said:

It is true that they aren't as big as The Killers but I'd argue they are as big as some who have headlined and have more material and if they have a couple of belters lined up for next year giving them the leg up to become big headliners of the future would be a nice move. 

Yeah I’d like to see them get a shot. But there’s  no point pretending they have as much in the way of crowd pleasing hits as the Killers though, or in the Foos, or Ed, or Coldplay, or even Radiohead.

2 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Yeah I’d like to see them get a shot. But there’s  no point pretending they have as much in the way of crowd pleasing hits as the Killers though, or in the Foos, or Ed, or Coldplay, or even Radiohead.

Yes but I do worry where our headliners of the future come from and I'm not a huge Foals fan by any means but I have seen them twice and I do think they could be capable of doing it. 

A surprise Glasto appearence would deffo set Wolf Alice up well for their string of small Summer festivals. They've played the park before, love the festival and are actively around warming up for a new album next year. 

Can see them doing the morning TBA this year and then moving up to Other stage sub/late Pyramid afternoon slot for the 50th.

All pure speculation of course ?