TBAs 2019

Tuna

3 hours ago, ModFFM said:

As rumoured earlier in this thread, if Foals are to be the secret act at The Park at 5.30 on the Saturday what time is advisable to arrive given that I know from experience what is a relatively small field can fill up very, very quickly... I'd be gutted to miss this one!

Lot of people raving about Sons of Kemet, so I'll probably just go and catch them before, even though I wouldn't have otherwise.

Shame to miss Johnny Marr, but Foals will def be done if it turns out to be them!

I've just heard from a source quite a little bit removed, but should be good, that Foals are indeed playing the park.

I would have thought the organisers would want to keep park TBAs tight-lipped after the issues previously, and won't be crazy about how this is shaping up (if it is, indeed, them).

Edited by Hawros

3 minutes ago, Hawros said:

I've just heard from a source quite a little bit removed, but should be good, that Foals are indeed playing the park.

I would have thought the organisers would want to keep park TBAs tight-lipped after the issues previously, and won't be crazy about how this is shaping up (if it is, indeed, them).

Guessing the thinking is Marr, Lizzo and Janet (plus the start of Liam) will keep the crowd down a bit 

Ok so all I can get so far is that a friend has heard from someone working the festival that its definitely the Foals on the Park 6.15pm Saturday.... 

Make of that what you will... My friend wouldnt bullshit me so unless they are being wound up... who knows. 

17 minutes ago, Havors said:

Im just getting some info that its 100% Foals on Saturday the Park......  not sure how reliable im still checking..... 

So 100% Foals, unless the source is unreliable, in which case 100% not Foals. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

Ok so all I can get so far is that a friend has heard from someone working the festival that its definitely the Foals on the Park 6.15pm Saturday.... 

Make of that what you will... My friend wouldnt bullshit me so unless they are being wound up... who knows. 

Neil already had info that Foals we’re playing Saturday and that’s before the gaps were shown on the park.  I’d say it’s safe to say it’s them

30 minutes ago, Havors said:

Foals are the TBA, not the Foals.

GOD DAMN IT, I HATE MYSELF.

47 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If you do, where it says ‘title’ don’t write “Mr.”.

I once got a delivery to work. Where it asked for a "Name" I wasn't thinking and thought it meant a name for the address. As such a parcel arrived at the office (three floors, a few hundred people) addressed to someone called "Work". 

Still no idea how it found its way to me (although it had been opened so maybe it said in there somewhere). 

• Upvote 1

I think Foals are a weird one - if it's common knowledge before the festivalit wont be as near as crazy as the killers/Radiohead etc was in that slot. I know they're talked about as headliners but I feel it's in the same way as Tame Impala are - a band with a sort of cult following and very few well known hits.  Out of my group of 6 going, 2 dont really know them, one is excited about seeing them and the other 3 of us can take or leave them. I dont think the whole site is going to be rushing over there - I can imagine it being busy especially if unrevealed beforehand just not as mad as if it was someone bigger

They certainly wont sway too many liam Gallagher fans to miss the start of his set

Edited by efcfanwirral

13 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

Could this make foals a shout for headlining next year? I saw them last night in Manchester and they have more than enough songs to do it. Certainly more hits than Killers. 

??

Kilkers have 4 top 10 hits and 13 top 40 hits. They have 5 no 1 albums and 7 top 10 in total.

Foals have no top ten hits and 3 top 40 hits. They also have 5 top 10 albums

• Like 1

I remember watching Foals sub the Other Stage in 2013. They were hands down the worst thing I saw that weekend. 

By all means, let them headline next year. They seem to be popular around these parts. And it's always nice to sample different stages for headliners. 

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

5 top 10 hits if you count Crystal. ;)

Would be surprised if they did  ot do some kind of New Order/Joy Division cover. I will still be watching Hot Chip though. Seen Killers twice at V and found them a bit dull 

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Lot of people raving about Sons of Kemet, so I'll probably just go and catch them before, even though I wouldn't have otherwise.

Shame to miss Johnny Marr, but Foals will def be done if it turns out to be them!

I am gutted by the Marr/Foals clash.

50 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

Could this make foals a shout for headlining next year? I saw them last night in Manchester and they have more than enough songs to do it. Certainly more hits than Killers. 

Let’s be honest. Speaking as someone who prefers Foals to Killers personally that isn’t even close to being true.

• Upvote 4