TBAs 2019

Tuna

9 minutes ago, 01seb said:

Some thoughts on the 3 TBA's on the main stages....

Park (Sat 11:30) - Love Fame Tragedy - the new solo project from the front man of The Wombats. He's already at the festival playing on Friday, so would make sense to stick around and debut this new project before touring it properly later in the year.

There's no way a side project from The Wombats is filling a main stage TBA slot. They couldn't be classed as a special guest, and to be honest they'd be lucky to find themselves in that slot as an announced act. It wouldn't garner any real interest and would just be a meh moment.

It'll either be a friend of the festival set, ie Jarv Is or Wolf Alice, or a genuine Park opener act filling in for a slot that's been vacated, ie in lieu of Santigold etc.

My feeling is it will be the latter, may be a Crows Nest TBA making their way down to fill a gap. Probably just wishful thinking on my part though as I'm tearing my hair out that Confidence Man aren't playing.

6 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

It'll either be a friend of the festival set, ie Jarv Is or Wolf Alice, or a genuine Park opener act filling in for a slot that's been vacated, ie in lieu of Santigold etc.

My feeling is it will be the latter, may be a Crows Nest TBA making their way down to fill a gap. Probably just wishful thinking on my part though as I'm tearing my hair out that Confidence Man aren't playing.

This would be fantastic. I'm also in the sad boat of no Confidence Man. 

7 hours ago, 01seb said:

John Peel (Sat 22:30) - Silk City (Diplo and Mark Ronson) - Diplo has mysteriously disappeared  from the lineup, and Mark Ronson is at Glasto and only doing a club set on the Saturday night from midnight-5am. Makes sense for him to do something a bit bigger and explains why Diplo isn't on the set times.  

That gives Ronson 15 minutes to get from John Peel to Stonebridge and put his first record on, then continue for another 5 hours.

7 hours ago, kingbadger said:

There's no way a side project from The Wombats is filling a main stage TBA slot. They couldn't be classed as a special guest, and to be honest they'd be lucky to find themselves in that slot as an announced act. It wouldn't garner any real interest and would just be a meh moment.

Without commenting on the particular rumoured band, it's never been claimed to be a "special guest".

14 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Haven't had the chance to read through the thread, do we know the TBA's for William's Green on Thursday eve?

I think the talk was Pale Waves for one. And The Big Moon are conspicuous by their absence (They have a Glastonbury warm up show in Southampton) so maybe them. 

Edited by zeppelin
Pale Waves not Circa Waves. As per comment below.

As rumoured earlier in this thread, if Foals are to be the secret act at The Park at 5.30 on the Saturday what time is advisable to arrive given that I know from experience what is a relatively small field can fill up very, very quickly... I'd be gutted to miss this one!

3 minutes ago, ModFFM said:

As rumoured earlier in this thread, if Foals are to be the secret act at The Park at 5.30 on the Saturday what time is advisable to arrive given that I know from experience what is a relatively small field can fill up very, very quickly... I'd be gutted to miss this one!

If you're in the Park at the end of the act before you should be absolutely fine, even half a hour before I think you'd be ok. 

My tip for the park is to always go round the back of the sound desk and work you're way from the side towards the front left.