TBAs 2019

Tuna

Absolute fuckfest if Foals are the Park TBA, pretty much my favourite band but I really wanted a good spot for Liam and my mate will want to watch Janet Jackson.

Tame Impala are probably my second favourite band but I’d already made peace with missing them to catch stormzy.

Galstonbury I love you, but why must you clash the fuck out of everything.

I mean I know the answer to that question, but it doesn’t make it any easier.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, xandercs12 said:

All I want to know is 1) The chances of Foals playing a secret set and 2) where and when? I remember missing a green day secret set at reading fest by an hour cos some idiot steward told me the wrong time. Never doing that again

managed to see that, was pretty special. 

I'm sure if Foals are there and you want to see them you will, just gt down early, pref during the act before (sons of kermit?) 

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Absolute fuckfest if Foals are the Park TBA, pretty much my favourite band but I really wanted a good spot for Liam and my mate will want to watch Janet Jackson.

Tame Impala are probably my second favourite band but I’d already made peace with missing them to catch stormzy.

Galstonbury I love you, but why must you clash the fuck out of everything.

I mean I know the answer to that question, but it doesn’t make it any easier.

I'm sure they do take these things into account, despite some evidence this year.

They can't, however, predict that someone would want to see Janet Jackson and Foals...

7 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

That makes sense. But clashing them both with Lizzo? Why, Glasto, why??

This is my issue. Foals are one of my all time fave bands but I was sooo excited for Lizzo. And all my mates will be there. Its the most difficult one of the weekend for me! Thats if it is Foals..

54 minutes ago, Havors said:

Foals as the TBA for the Park would be the icing on the cake for me. The lineup is already pretty stacked. And that Park slot only really clashes with Liam a bit for me and ive seen him a few times so can live with that. 

But do you gamble if it's still not confirmed who it is..?

36 minutes ago, Hawros said:

But do you gamble if it's still not confirmed who it is..?

Its never a gamble by that time...  We knew about Elbow and Killers well in advance last time... someone always opens their mouth.. and it helps build the hype. It's hard to hide a whole band from so many volunteers and staff :D 

That being said.... you never know.... haha i would put money on us knowing who it is pretty early on on the saturday though

13 minutes ago, Havors said:

Its never a gamble by that time...  We knew about Elbow and Killers well in advance last time... someone always opens their mouth.. and it helps build the hype. It's hard to hide a whole band from so many volunteers and staff :D 

That being said.... you never know.... haha i would put money on us knowing who it is pretty early on on the saturday though

Humour my hypothetical then...

11 minutes ago, Hawros said:

Humour my hypothetical then...

tough one.... for me personally.... i think if we didnt know i would gamble. As I have seen Liam a few times and could still shoot down there in 20 mins and catch a good portion of his set. 

19 hours ago, chazwwe said:

managed to see that, was pretty special. 

I'm sure if Foals are there and you want to see them you will, just gt down early, pref during the act before (sons of kermit?) 

This could be even more exciting than the TBA.  Are we going to get Sons of Kermit or Sons of Kemet?

Robinkermit.jpg

images.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think people get far too carried away with the secret set malarkey. The Killers, Pulp, Radiohead.... they are by far the exception not the rule. If they did a big act every year, it would lose it's 'surprise' factor as people would just automatically expect one every year. The Killers was a good one, simply because (despite the huge numbers in the field) there were lots of people who didn't know/believe it.

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

I think people get far too carried away with the secret set malarkey. The Killers, Pulp, Radiohead.... they are by far the exception not the rule. If they did a big act every year, it would lose it's 'surprise' factor as people would just automatically expect one every year. The Killers was a good one, simply because (despite the huge numbers in the field) there were lots of people who didn't know/believe it.

While I agree ( i dont speculate on the TBA's) Foals has been rumored since before the line up drop that they were probably going to do a secret set. 

Neil even mentioned it was going to be a Saturday if any day before the time table went up. 

Some thoughts on the 3 TBA's on the main stages....

Park (Sat 11:30) - Love Fame Tragedy - the new solo project from the front man of The Wombats. He's already at the festival playing on Friday, so would make sense to stick around and debut this new project before touring it properly later in the year.

Park (Sat 18:15) - Foals - We've had multiple sources claiming they are playing, and that they are playing Saturday. Makes sense to put them on at the same time as Janet Jackson and Lizzo (two of the most hyped acts on the lineup), to hopefully spread the crowd.

John Peel (Sat 22:30) - Silk City (Diplo and Mark Ronson) - Diplo has mysteriously disappeared  from the lineup, and Mark Ronson is at Glasto and only doing a club set on the Saturday night from midnight-5am. Makes sense for him to do something a bit bigger and explains why Diplo isn't on the set times.