TBAs 2019

Tuna

13 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Everything Everything could be drafted in to headline JP if Diplo did cancel. Just doing Latitude so “active” but apparently exclusive, for what it’s worth (not much).

Not sure Jeremy would do the Park with Foals and then play a full set with EE a couple of hours later. 

• Upvote 1

When the lineup times first came out Annie Mac was down as playing somewhere in Shangri-la, possibly the Gas Tower if i remember correctly. This was going to be with Todla T and someone else. But then they revised the Shangi-La times later that day. Either she's now a TBA or she's pulled out.

1 hour ago, selotape said:

When the lineup times first came out Annie Mac was down as playing somewhere in Shangri-la, possibly the Gas Tower if i remember correctly. This was going to be with Todla T and someone else. But then they revised the Shangi-La times later that day. Either she's now a TBA or she's pulled out.

Yeah I remember seeing her as Annie MAC Presents, on the Gas Tower. Would be poor if she’s the John Peel tba, we’ve already enough repeats of last year 

19 hours ago, briddj said:

Not sure Jeremy would do the Park with Foals and then play a full set with EE a couple of hours later. 

Completely forgot they were using him as their bassist atm

7 minutes ago, buffy394 said:

I know we are still 2 and a bit weeks out, but this thread is eerily quiet this year.

Lack of info or  is it just going up against the 'is or isnt it The Killers' year

Think people are pretty settled on the Park TBA being Foals until any info points in a different direction due to there being a few bits about them being there before we knew that vacant slot existed.

The John Peel TBA seems like it’s  just gonna be an underwhelming replacement for Diplo, or even just one of his side projects (Silk City due to Ronson being there that night). Maybe it’s something more than that but right now I’m not expecting much.

Other than that I don’t think there are (m)any other TBA’s worth getting excited or pondering about? Foals seeming like a done deal some time ago has taken any excitement out of speculation this year. I await some ‘it’s not Foals’ info to shake things up a bit.

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Wolf Alice? They’re active this summer.

(Just tossing a name in to see what comes out)

I thought this also. Glasto favourites and 'only playing small fests this year' according to someone I know who knows their management. Deffo smell a TBA. Williams Green or would they literally ram out the place?

Just now, buffy394 said:

I thought this also. Glasto favourites and 'only playing small fests this year' according to someone I know who knows their management. Deffo smell a TBA. Williams Green or would they literally ram out the place?

Not active until a few weeks later but possible as a one-off, I guess. William's Green on Thursday night would be a crazy idea though, it was bad enough for Everything Everything. 

1 minute ago, buffy394 said:

Way too big for WG now, but that Park slot...

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Think people are pretty settled on the Park TBA being Foals until any info points in a different direction due to there being a few bits about them being there before we knew that vacant slot existed.

The John Peel TBA seems like it’s  just gonna be an underwhelming replacement for Diplo, or even just one of his side projects (Silk City due to Ronson being there that night). Maybe it’s something more than that but right now I’m not expecting much.

Other than that I don’t think there are (m)any other TBA’s worth getting excited or pondering about? Foals seeming like a done deal some time ago has taken any excitement out of speculation this year. I await some ‘it’s not Foals’ info to shake things up a bit.

You're probably right. I just thought there was a lot more back and forth last year but I guess it was more down to the wire. 

You never know though! The Park 11:30 slot is still unaccounted for right? 

2 minutes ago, buffy394 said:

You're probably right. I just thought there was a lot more back and forth last year but I guess it was more down to the wire. 

You never know though! The Park 11:30 slot is still unaccounted for right? 

Yeah The Killers came pretty late on if I recall correctly. Think a lot of people were expecting Gorillaz before then. 

11.30 slot is still up for grabs yeah. Had anticipated it just being a late regular Park booking but the closer we get the more I’m expecting it to be more than that. Not expecting anybody massive but will be in the area for Four Tet anyway so will be checking it out either way.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah The Killers came pretty late on if I recall correctly. Think a lot of people were expecting Gorillaz before then. 

11.30 slot is still up for grabs yeah. Had anticipated it just being a late regular Park booking but the closer we get the more I’m expecting it to be more than that. Not expecting anybody massive but will be in the area for Four Tet anyway so will be checking it out either way.

Interesting. Wolf Alice have played the Park before but I cant see two massive indie bands taking both slots this year, if Foals are one of them of course. Especially as it feels that both of those acts dont really 'fit' the Park anymore.