TBAs 2019

Tuna

5 hours ago, Chef said:

I've not been following this thread. Could somebody please summarise any info/ current thinking? 

Mr efestivals has had info that foals are playing on Saturday. I’d be amazed if they don’t appear somewhere. There’s a big glasto shaped hole in their otherwise packed touring schedule.

16 hours ago, RyanSmith9311 said:

Will be devastated if the JP headliner turns out to be Foals 

Despite the customary military planning to create my Glastonbury schedule, I had completely forgotten that the JPT Saturday headliner was still a TBA.

Killers - will draw a huge crowd

Chem - will draw a huge crowd

Hot Chip - will draw a pretty big (for Park) crowd

So, it'll be interesting to see just what they pull out of the bag for JPT to divide further an already pretty well spread-out festival crowd...

Ben

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

Mr efestivals has had info that foals are playing on Saturday. I’d be amazed if they don’t appear somewhere. There’s a big glasto shaped hole in their otherwise packed touring schedule.

Thanks - although that has added to the current Saturday clash anxiety. 

38 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Despite the customary military planning to create my Glastonbury schedule, I had completely forgotten that the JPT Saturday headliner was still a TBA.

So, it'll be interesting to see just what they pull out of the bag for JPT to divide further an already pretty well spread-out festival crowd...

Ben

It will be interesting to see if they try and keep it under wraps until the band goes on stage. I may be wrong, but I can't imagine too many people taking a gamble on their Saturday night headliner for a mystery guest, especially when you have such big options in The Killers, Chems, Hot Chip and Wu-Tang. 

1 minute ago, jparx said:

It will be interesting to see if they try and keep it under wraps until the band goes on stage. I may be wrong, but I can't imagine too many people taking a gamble on their Saturday night headliner for a mystery guest, especially when you have such big options in The Killers, Chems, Hot Chip and Wu-Tang. 

Absolutely. For me, the only logical explanation seems to be that Diplo pulled out just before the announcement, it was never intended to be a secret set and now and they're finding a replacement. I reckon someone (probably similar type of music or at least dancey) will just quietly get added. Putting Foals there would be a very strange move, Park earlier makes way more sense (especially as that info came way before the Diplo thing).

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Absolutely. For me, the only logical explanation seems to be that Diplo pulled out just before the announcement, it was never intended to be a secret set and now and they're finding a replacement. I reckon someone (probably similar type of music or at least dancey) will just quietly get added. Putting Foals there would be a very strange move, Park earlier makes way more sense (especially as that info came way before the Diplo thing).

Thom Yorke to the rescue ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, The Martini Police said:

On another note, where are we at with William's Green Thursday? Just Big Moon expected at the moment, no other strong info?

Pale Waves is the only info that we have on the WG live bands. Big Moon’s just a guess because they’re not on the lineup despite the ‘warm up show’.

4 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

That or it’s Silk City and they wanna be announced later, like they were for Bestival.

On 6/6/2019 at 3:33 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Yeh, Saturday is a right bugger for me. My brother is coming with us for his Glasto debut. I'm torn between Chems and Killers, but I know he'd love Killers, plus I think that's an excellent Pyramid introduction for him - I'm confident it'll be memorable. However.... if Doves or Strokes are (albeit unlikely) the TBA for John Peel, I will 100% be watching them, subsequently jeopardising that "Pyramid Moment" with the older sibling, cos he wouldn't enjoy either of Strokes/Doves.

PLUS - I've never seen Chems... mind f***.

On 6/6/2019 at 2:36 PM, gigpusher said:

Is there any chance that Bikini Kill could be one of the TBA's or should I just give up on that dream. Just seen the clip of Joan Jett joining them on stage for Rebel Girl and god I'd love to see them. 

So @Keithy speculated that that they could be the Very Special Guests in the Sista Sunday All Femme All Day takeover of Truth stage (I think?). Really struggling to find this on clashfinder or on the official site now though. But the line up poster is below. You going to the gig on Monday? Absolutely buzzing for it! Would love to see them again at the festival. Would be insane. 

Screenshot_20190608-101723_Chrome.jpg

Actually thinking about it I guess the Very Special Surprise Guests slot was announced when the full line-up came out? Would explain why I can't find on clashfinder or anywhere now.

Aside from this, would love to see Jarv Is and really hoping they are on The Park.

Could anyone do a handy summary of what the consensus is on these TBAs thus far?

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

So @Keithy speculated that that they could be the Very Special Guests in the Sista Sunday All Femme All Day takeover of Truth stage (I think?). Really struggling to find this on clashfinder or on the official site now though. But the line up poster is below. You going to the gig on Monday? Absolutely buzzing for it! Would love to see them again at the festival. Would be insane. 

Screenshot_20190608-101723_Chrome.jpg

Unfortunately not. Couldn't afford a trip to London this close to Glastonbury hence why I am wishing, hoping and praying they turn up at Glastonbury or failing that do a bigger more extensive tour that includes a Manchester date. Will keep an ear out on the TBA's and if it is them I'll definitely be there.