TBAs 2019

Tuna

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hmm not if he does it mid-set then jumps on the back of a buggy. I’ve always taken the Bradley’s suggestion of a Park set to be a joke, to be honest, but if he was gonna do one (or just one song, I’d imagine) it will surely be when the backing band is actually on that stage.

Bradley was there two years ago as we all know filming however he was also in the park backstage area on the Friday night. So you never know?....

• Upvote 1

Just now, Wakey321 said:

Bradley was there two years ago as we all know filming however he was also in the park backstage area on the Friday night. So you never know?....

It’s no secret that he knows the place - he’s been there every year since 2014. Ultimately, though, he’s an actor who has never played a set in his life so I feel like we do know, really.

Just now, dentalplan said:

It’s no secret that he knows the place - he’s been there every year since 2014. Ultimately, though, he’s an actor who has never played a set in his life so I feel like we do know, really.

He has played the odd song though (maybe just once at the Grammys, I don't know, but he has). Isn't him coming out just for a song in that Lukas Nelson set quite likely given he's the one the character is based on and he coached Cooper and all that? I'm not sure if this has already been covered, apologies if so.

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Martini Police said:

He has played the odd song though (maybe just once at the Grammys, I don't know, but he has). Isn't him coming out just for a song in that Lukas Nelson set quite likely given he's the one the character is based on and he coached Cooper and all that? I'm not sure if this has already been covered, apologies if so.

Yes that’s what I’m saying. Him playing a song isn’t too far-fetched, but an actual set was always unlikely.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Yes that’s what I’m saying. Him playing a song isn’t too far-fetched, but an actual set was always unlikely.

Oh I see. Yeah I'm with you then.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It’s billed as a “Glastonbury warm up gig”, so that is the reason they’re being linked to it. Would be a fairly random shout otherwise. :P

Didn't realise this, haha. Good news, will go to that.

13 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Whats the general consensus on the JPT headline TBA? Diplo? If so, does it make sense why it's still TBA at this late stage for a headliner spot?

I think we are of the mind that Diplo was due to take that slot but has subsequently dropped out...

14 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Whats the general consensus on the JPT headline TBA? Diplo? If so, does it make sense why it's still TBA at this late stage for a headliner spot?

As has previously been mentioned, I think it would make a lot of sense for it to be Silk City. 

It seems strange for Mark Ronson just to turn up for his heartbreak club at Stonebridge on the same night and if Diplo was already in that slot then it all adds up really.

53 minutes ago, Divein said:

As has previously been mentioned, I think it would make a lot of sense for it to be Silk City. 

It seems strange for Mark Ronson just to turn up for his heartbreak club at Stonebridge on the same night and if Diplo was already in that slot then it all adds up really.

Have Silk City actually done anything noteworthy? All I know if they got that Bestival slot before they'd even released anything.

45 minutes ago, Homer said:

Have Silk City actually done anything noteworthy? All I know if they got that Bestival slot before they'd even released anything.

Seem more or less the same as diplo. Why would artists who their entire backbook of tracks relies on guest vocalists, be any good at all to watch live?

Are we just watching somebody playing a CD?

24 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Seem more or less the same as diplo. Why would artists who their entire backbook of tracks relies on guest vocalists, be any good at all to watch live?

Depends on the artist tbh.

Mark Ronson's in that camp, and his show in 2015 was a blast.  The only track he used pre-recorded vocals on (I think) was Valerie as he didn't think anyone would do it justice over Winehouse. He did Uptown Funk with George Clinton, Mary J Blige and Grandmaster Flash, so no shortage of awesome!

1 hour ago, mattiloy said:

Have you just been dug up? There have been Glastonbury headliners without live singers.

I don’t think he’d have to look far for acts he’s collaborated with to throw in a guest spot. Can think of a few on-site, however I don’t think Rolo Tomassi would fit the vibe.

9 minutes ago, Cammers said:

Out of interest, when to TBAs usually get announced? Or is it still kept secret until basically the morning of that day?

Excuse my ignorance, only been to heaven once before. 

In my experience usually you will know beforehand. The latest one I found out was Thom Yorke and Johnny Greenwood in 2010 when I only found out that afternoon but with social media these days you usually know a bit sooner. 

1 minute ago, Cammers said:

Awesome! Definitely tempted to wander over to WG.

Problem is, both TBA slots are very close to Foreign Beggars and they are calling it a day after this year's touring. 

And the fact that it will be massively busy. I think 2013 or 2014 might be the last time I've managed to get in there for the secret acts.