TBAs 2019

Tuna

3 hours ago, Sweet_pea said:

Someone in the Resale 2019 thread just mentioned Black Keys being one of the TBA's...anyone else heard this?

Yeh, this would take precedent over everything. 

Having said that, I've never actually taken a punt on a secret set...seems like a big risk! Although I guess there's never been anything that I've been crazy excited about if/when I've heard about it either. 

4 hours ago, AAlex said:

I spoke to them at their album signing at Rough Trade last night, said they'd been offered 'a couple of slots, John Peel and Williams Green (Thursday?)' but neither we right for them this time around so aren't playing at all.

Ah shame! Nice detective work

5 hours ago, rubick said:

A few heads I know went over to the Glasgow leg of the recent tour, must ask them what they thought of the show without Method Man being there. 

It's funny when I've seen them in the past with Method he's been the stand out performer but he really wasn't a big miss. All but 1 is the best attendance I've seen them manage and they where all up for it. Only big downside is they didn't play M.E.T.H.O.D. Man for obvious reasons.

7 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Unfortunately it's usually someone too decent and you can't get anywhere near!

Too true :(  Think I've only managed to get inside the tent twice before. Can be pretty mad.

8 hours ago, briddj said:

Last time Neil had the info on the WG secret sets weeks in advance. Everyone on here knew.

But we found it a REAL battle to get in for the secrets sets. Had to be ready to go in when everyone left from the previous show and was a real battle.

I’ll try and find out and leak them again this year! 

• Upvote 1

The Killers secret set was common knowledge last time; others not so much (at least to me).

We were talking to a steward on the Croissant Neuf on the Thursday who told us that Jamiroquai were one of the TBAs (2017) but obviously that never materialised. 

22 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I hate to say it but this is looking more likely now Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real have been announced on the line up

POTR are in Denmark on Saturday. I think your best chance of seeing Jackson Maine would be going to the actual Lukas Nelson & POTR set.

27 minutes ago, The life of Pablo said:

I'm gonna say The Big Moon and Pale Waves for WG on Thursday. 

Same.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

POTR are in Denmark on Saturday. I think your best chance of seeing Jackson Maine would be going to the actual Lukas Nelson & POTR set.

Same.

Hmm does their set finishing at 4.15 and star is born starting in the Pilton Palais with an introduction from BC at 4.30 make this more or less likely? 

22 hours ago, EZYSEY said:

Silk City isn't a bad shout. Seems odd for Mark Ronson to be only appearing once on the lineup and in Stonebridge of all places. Would fit with Diplo being on the poster and still having Glasto in his schedule. Not sure which slot they would fit into though. Both huge names respectively but as Silk City they've only released a few tracks as far as i'm aware.

This ^ would be mint and sounds plausible 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Don’t see Black Keys playing myself, as mentioned they’re not active until September.

Other headliners next year though...

From the Facebook Glasto Chat Group (no idea why they've renamed themselves):

image.png.b57bbd758523dc4548642000f080a062.png

*Name badly hidden for privacy

5 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Hmm does their set finishing at 4.15 and star is born starting in the Pilton Palais with an introduction from BC at 4.30 make this more or less likely? 

Hmm not if he does it mid-set then jumps on the back of a buggy. I’ve always taken the Bradley’s suggestion of a Park set to be a joke, to be honest, but if he was gonna do one (or just one song, I’d imagine) it will surely be when the backing band is actually on that stage.

• Upvote 1