FULL LINE UP

danbailey80

11 minutes ago, Jah_Roots said:

i'd like to retract this comment now that additions have been made to the line-up

the mighty Pronghorn are taking their rightful place at breakfast time each day on the Summerhouse.

brilliant!

Tell me more about Pronghorn.  I know I could search for them on Youtube but I prefer to go by personal views.

18 minutes ago, Jah_Roots said:

well, they describe themselves as "cowpunk" - and i guess really they are a low-fi Levellers type thing - and they are just really really good fun.

Sounds good - my day is filling up with these fun, small but talented acts!

4 minutes ago, mazola said:

Jeez, you really don't like him do you. He plays guitar and sings songs, and would love to play Glastonbury.

I don't understand the hate he's getting.

That's fair enough but it's the publicly whinging about it that has put everybody off I think.  Personally I don't know if I've ever heard him so have no opinion as to whether he could/should play but he's coming across as an arse.

On 6/2/2019 at 10:27 AM, Hugh Jass said:

I think I’m going to give this a go, at least to begin with. If I get bored I can always wander off to Interpol.

I see you're a glutton for punishment.....

Tame Impala - competent, good tunes, bit samey, a lot of tracks sound like elevator/shopping mall muzak.

Interpol - good tunes, dull as dishwater to watch.

However I'm 60/40 for Tame Impala Vs Jon Hopkins (Have seen FBS so many time and will hit the FBS - Eats Everything set instead).

40 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Been looking through the full line up and can’t see any listings for the WBC bread and roses pub.  Always decent bands on from Thursday. Anyone know anything?  

I would like to know this as well

Little One was a treat there in 2017

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

He's a fucking homophobe and now playing the victim card for publicity, to say nothing of his quote-unquote artistry, and can get as far a-fuckin' way from our festival as possible.

Fair enough!

I'll admit all I knew about him was he was on x-factor and he was a busker that got lucky. Didn't know about the homophobic stuff. I'll go back to not thinking about him at all now!

4 hours ago, mazola said:

Jeez, you really don't like him do you. He plays guitar and sings songs, and would love to play Glastonbury.

I don't understand the hate he's getting.

Had to google him when he started whining cos all I remembered was thinking is he the homophobe. He was and is now getting air time for whining. He can get tae fuck. 

11 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Had to google him when he started whining cos all I remembered was thinking is he the homophobe. He was and is now getting air time for whining. He can get tae fuck. 

Yeah that's fair enough, I thought the hate was just about him moaning at not being picked to play Glastonbury.

7 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Tbh there’s no need to group in Ezra, Walker, and Fender in with Capaldi and Bastille - they’ve done it the proper way through gigging and slow but steady growth via EPs etc. Capaldi has used social media to cover his mediocre record, whilst Bastille are just making all market pop...

On 6/5/2019 at 9:32 AM, manchestermusicreview said:

Tbh there’s no need to group in Ezra, Walker, and Fender in with Capaldi and Bastille - they’ve done it the proper way through gigging and slow but steady growth via EPs etc. Capaldi has used social media to cover his mediocre record, whilst Bastille are just making all market pop...

Agree it's typical NME. although at least half of this is funny/ spot on, half utter twattery. They always attack people close to them rather than actual crap that needs attacking. I believe they gave 1979's debut worst album of the year and now suck their balls. He could not have picked a worse example target than Sam Fender. What the fuck?

I have a general rule. If an artist or band does their own stuff has worked themselves up and is genuine (i.e writes and plays what they like rather than what is cool/ commercial) they deserve to be left alone. Why this industry and 'fans' insists on being so vile to anyone that does music is baffling. It's happens a lot on here too. 

I believe this homophobic twat does deserve the negative comments though. Not Sam Fender. And no not Chris Martin. Or Keane.

Edited by danbailey80