FULL LINE UP

danbailey80

5 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Thanks @gigpusher and @nikkic. Where you say highlight and use different colours - do you mean it has the functionality to do this online? 

Do you print it out to take with you when you’re done?

Yes as per the pic below. You can pick numbers and then click on an act and it will put it in a colour. I'd say do it on a laptop rather than a mobile because it's so big. I usually do print it out. 

clashfinder.PNG

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Thank you ? 

No worries. By coincidence I was talking another friend through it yesterday as well. Word of warning if you are anything like me this year it will just make you realise how many clashes you have!!

Clashfinder is great, would heartily recommend. I've been using it for years and use it for most other non Glastonbury festivals too. I usually print out the main stages as well so I can use it without my phone, but you can view it offline and the mobile version is pretty good. Once you've highlighted everything you can view your itinerary (screenshot below - I won't be attempting to see all of these but to give you an idea!)

13 minutes ago, Armourman said:

Is anyone else having issues with the mobile version of clashfinder? Mines isnt functioning 

I was briefly the other day, but when I shut it down, reopened and logged in it was fine. Think it might be when they're doing updates.

Screenshot_20190601-083244_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks @Zoo Music Girl

So the general consensus is do all the planning work on your laptop then afterwards you can refer back to your itinerary on your phone (and print out the main stages as a back up to take with you).

As an alternative to the above, some people just use the EE app instead presumably. 

I feel like I need to plan a lot this year as there’s so much I want to see!

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Thanks @Zoo Music Girl

So the general consensus is do all the planning work on your laptop then afterwards you can refer back to your itinerary on your phone (and print out the main stages as a back up to take with you).

As an alternative to the above, some people just use the EE app instead presumably. 

I feel like I need to plan a lot this year as there’s so much I want to see!

The EE app works in much the same way. The major disadvantage being it’s still not live, thus to utilise the time we have, Clashfinder is the winner!

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

The EE app works in much the same way. The major disadvantage being it’s still not live, thus to utilise the time we have, Clashfinder is the winner!

I’ll probably end up using both. Will go through clashfinder today then take a look at the app when it is out and decide which I think has the better functionality. It’s all part of the build up! I can’t believe how close it is now eek!

6 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I use clashfinder, the app AND my own spreadsheet. I have no idea why. 

Of course you do Sas. I would expect nothing less ?.

Do we know the person/people who run clashfinder? Are they on here? I assume they just have to copy the data from the Glastonbury festival website onto their website (and assume/hope monitor for any changes?)

My obsessiveness is spiralling a bit today.

Just now, Phoenix Girl said:

Do we know the person/people who run clashfinder? Are they on here? I assume they just have to copy the data from the Glastonbury festival website onto their website (and assume/hope monitor for any changes?)

I believe it used to be a guy called Halvin who I think used to post occasionally?

49 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Thanks @Zoo Music Girl

So the general consensus is do all the planning work on your laptop then afterwards you can refer back to your itinerary on your phone (and print out the main stages as a back up to take with you)

This is exactly what you do and as an additional backup take screen shots of the mobile itinerary to save battery power.

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The app is easier when you're there as you can scroll to a certain time and just read down without faffing about across two pages in the rain.

I use mobile view on clashfinder and it all just scrolls as one page. In past years I've found the app harder to use but I guess it's personal preference. I imagine most people have both, if only as the app isn't ready yet (supposed to be by now isn't it?).

41 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Does anyone have a page monitor on the lineup page, for changes to times etc?

I've got it going - was all over posting any changes last time I went in 2016... this time round I'm a bit too busy (11 gigs with my band, a stag do, a party to DJ and plenty of day-job work) to create and maintain a thread with all changes updated whenever they happen, which is about four times a day at the moment... mostly spelling / timing errors and very slight changes to stages lower down the lineup at the moment.

If anyone wants to have a crack at running a Lineup Changes thread, I recommend the Distill chrome addon... you can set it to check up to every five seconds (if you're completely obsessed) and you can get it to make a terrifying bird sound effect whenever there's a change :D

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/distill-web-monitor/inlikjemeeknofckkjolnjbpehgadgge?hl=en

1 hour ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Yeah, halvin runs it but anyone can edit the times + acts, so hopefully when anyone notices something has changed they will edit it

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I use mobile view on clashfinder and it all just scrolls as one page. In past years I've found the app harder to use but I guess it's personal preference. I imagine most people have both, if only as the app isn't ready yet (supposed to be by now isn't it?).

Me too and agree it works great.  Here's an example of how it looks. Green are my definites and blues are my maybes so that on the day I can just make a choice depending where I am and how I feel.

Screenshot_20190601_121114.jpg