FULL LINE UP

danbailey80

Just now, gigpusher said:

He's not for me. A bit too ambient for my liking. I get a bit bored halfway through each song. Sorry fans of Hopkins!! 

Haha no need to apologise at all!

Yes his albums have some chilled vibes to them but he’ll bring the party to WH for sure - it’ll bang. I’m very excited.

1 minute ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Haha no need to apologise at all!

Yes his albums have some chilled vibes to them but he’ll bring the party to WH for sure - it’ll bang. I’m very excited.

I'm not really a fan of critiquing artists of any kind. I prefer just to big up the ones I like. Even the worst out there are better than me! I've never written a song of any kind so don't feel I have the right to. I also know that people pour their heart and soul into their work and fans are really passionate about it so just not fond of being dismissive of all that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I'm not really a fan of critiquing artists of any kind. I prefer just to big up the ones I like. Even the worst out there are better than me! I've never written a song of any kind so don't feel I have the right to. I also know that people pour their heart and soul into their work and fans are really passionate about it so just not fond of being dismissive of all that. 

You've still got more chance of playing than James Arthur.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

That's commendable, but I think you can still critique.  I'm no chef, but I know when something tastes rank!

I think if any criticism by punters like us is caveated with whether or not something is to your personal tastes, then it's acceptable.  But yep, your approach sounds like a happier way of living! :D

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

You've still got more chance of playing than James Arthur.

I actually don't know who he is but anyone who presumes they should be asked is a cock based on their personality regardless of what music they do! 

I have been part of the Kazoo Marching Band so have technically performed already!

1 minute ago, Quark said:

That's commendable, but I think you can still critique.  I'm no chef, but I know when something tastes rank!

I think if any criticism by punters like us is caveated with whether or not something is to your personal tastes, then it's acceptable.  But yep, your approach sounds like a happier way of living! :D

I know I slag off a few acts but most of the time I do prefer "they're not for me..." it's just nicer than shitting on something someone else likes.

(Except for the Courteeners, who are just shit)

His live sets, as said, are a lot more banging – to the point that my other half who is a huge fan and loves the ambient stuff often moans that they cater to heavily to the beats-hungry. When we saw him at Brixton a lot of people there were just waiting for the drop rather than enjoying the more pretty ethereal bits. That said it was a shit crowd generally and West Holts always delivers. And I like the banging bits too!

13 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Hopkins would be my second choice, but I did already see him at Village Underground last year so it's Gojira for me.

When the fuck was this and why wasn't I informed?

Just now, Quark said:

I just think nowadays with how easy it is for artists to do a search and see loads of negative comments. Can't be good for the soul. Don't get me wrong I have and will give my opinion but if there is a thread for an artist I hate I just wouldn't bother commenting on it. I find it's good for my soul as well to concentrate on what brings me joy. 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I know I slag off a few acts but most of the time I do prefer "they're not for me..." it's just nicer than shitting on something someone else likes.

(Except for the Courteeners, who are just shit)

I try hard not to just slag off people I don't like, but I couldn't bite my tongue the year Florence and the Machine headlined :D

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

YES! Jopkins visuals plus LooneySpecs™️ = phenomenal!

Ben

As they henceforth shall be known.

Between Hopkins and the new installation at Greenpeace Field you will see little spangled old me in my LooneySpecs and in a right old state :lol:

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

As they henceforth shall be known.

Between Hopkins and the new installation at Greenpeace Field you will see little spangled old me in my LooneySpecs and in a right old state :lol:

Where's best to get these contraptions from please? I want in!

2 minutes ago, gibble said:

Where's best to get these contraptions from please? I want in!

I ordered a pack of 50 of these for £25.  There's massive amounts of joy to be had in dishing them out to other punters.  Benny got loaned me a pair for Justice in '17, and I ended taking a shitload to Benicassim with me. Hours of fun.

https://www.glow.co.uk/fx-spex-standard.html

You can also get nicer ones if you just want for yourself.  I've doubled up and got these for myself :D

https://www.the-rave-cave.com/glofx-pixel-fx-diffraction-glasses

1 minute ago, Quark said:

If you're feeling particularly mischievous (which I naturally was) try and spot the ones in the crowd who are elbow deep in a bag of party goodies, give them a pair and then sit back and watch :lol:

I still love that story from someone off of here who bought a batch of children’s sized plastic sunglasses, gave them out free to the very most spangled people they could find and then guffawed at them freaking out thinking their heads had expanded.

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I still love that story from someone off of here who bought a batch of children’s sized plastic sunglasses, gave them out free to the very most spangled people they could find and then guffawed at them freaking out thinking their heads had expanded.

That is both brutal and absolutely glorious.

And very very tempting...

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

If you're feeling particularly mischievous (which I naturally was) try and spot the ones in the crowd who are elbow deep in a bag of party goodies, give them a pair and then sit back and watch :lol:

You bastard! We've met before ;)