FULL LINE UP

danbailey80

It's obviously all subjective, but I really don't think this year is way weaker than 2017. Plenty of decent acts there, and loads of variety.

I agree that the Pyramid headliners are weaker, and not having a huge act in one of those slots has a big impact on perception. I've seen stronger John Peel line-ups, but Other stage and Park definitely strong this time round. Some of the other stages like Glade, Williams Green, and Greenpeace have really picked up this year too. Strength in depth.

The main stages are the least to my taste in a decade by a huge distance but... (as usual) there is so much on the smaller stages.

I’ve never found the time to spend a weekend evening in the SE corner, I will on Friday. Saturday I will be around the Park and Arcadia area all day which I never have before.

Overall going to be very different but probably no less wonderful.

I’ll admit that when the first poster came out I wasn’t blown away, I would even say it was the most underwhelming one in my 10 years of going. 

But now we have the full line up, I’m probably just as excited as any other year. I don’t think it’s the best but there’s still a heap of clashes which proves glasto books plenty of great acts.  

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Aye. But 2017 was no classic line up-wise.

Probably my favourite festival I've been to though so just proves it's not all about the line up. Also, sometimes an act you think should be amazing is totally underwhelming whereas an act you didn't expect much from knocks it out of the park. 

On 5/30/2019 at 12:35 AM, Mr. Snrub said:

Unlikely for weez I’m afraid. They’re playing London that night so definitely won’t be the TBA on JP. Can pray for a cheeky Park opening set but probably is wishful thinking!

Ah that sucks :( I suppose when they're charging £70 per ticket at Brixton Academy, playing in a field miles away from London for next to nothing isn't going to appeal Haha 

£70 per ticket for a venue that size is pure greed imo. 

Its the weakest for big acts for me. I have only 1 headliner that I am excited about & Ive seen them perform in the same field twice before (Chemical Brothers)

However there are a lot of things I'd like to see throughout the weekend & could have a very full festival, much fuller than usually. 

The lack of live acts I want to see is noticable and disappointing though. 

17 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Its the weakest for big acts for me. I have only 1 headliner that I am excited about & Ive seen them perform in the same field twice before (Chemical Brothers)

However there are a lot of things I'd like to see throughout the weekend & could have a very full festival, much fuller than usually. 

The lack of live acts I want to see is noticable and disappointing though. 

In a similar boat but I must say, I really can't wait for Jon Hopkins

2 hours ago, endswithMJ said:

I’ll admit that when the first poster came out I wasn’t blown away, I would even say it was the most underwhelming one in my 10 years of going. 

But now we have the full line up, I’m probably just as excited as any other year. I don’t think it’s the best but there’s still a heap of clashes which proves glasto books plenty of great acts.  

I'm the opposite, the full drop hasn't really given me anything extra. I've got 14/15 that interest me, 13 of them I'd probably make effort for and two are in Thursday being the baggys and rhythm, the rest I already knew were playing. 

What's with the 1hr 15 mins between Liam and the killers 

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

True, but the three headliners were still all considerably better than this year's in terms of appeal. You had the indie/muso kings, probably the biggest rock band in the world and The Sheeranator, who while his appeal may have diluted a little now, was one of the biggest acts on the planet two years ago.

None of this year's trio gets anywhere near them.

34 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

True, but the three headliners were still all considerably better than this year's in terms of appeal. You had the indie/muso kings, probably the biggest rock band in the world and The Sheeranator, who while his appeal may have diluted a little now, was one of the biggest acts on the planet two years ago.

None of this year's trio gets anywhere near them.

No argument from me.  It's a step down from a step down.

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Obviously all subjective but personally thought 2017 was class, I had loads to see and would have been shit to work. In fairness Saturday Pyramid top lines and Sunday evening bar VW as not bothered these days is decent but the Other stage is so poor imo. I think if you take Johnny Marr out I'd not be disappointed to miss anything and the same goes for JP although to be honest JP has been like that for a while for me. Fatboy Slim on The Glade Friday night is decent.

Sunday I had Gibb, Chic, Biffy and Ed, I don't think It's as strong this year but Kylie and Miley are the must see's over others, I'd love to have Saturday eve free from work but I've also seen most of those before. If Miley was at Werchter I'd have actually sacked Glastonbury working off and gone there, plus they've got Weezer, Dickie and Robyn.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I’m late in reading about this but how is it that the man had to wait until the lineup came out to find out he wasn’t playing?

Think whoever he is he's just desperately trying to remain relevant by hanging onto the coat tails of the festival.  

39 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

More excited by the lineup this year than I have been in a good few years. Tame Impala on Friday night, Chems on Saturday night, was hoping for a great option on the Sunday night but not too fussed so far. The days are absolutely chock full of great acts though.

Funny how different we all are I'm kind of scratching around to choose between a couple on Friday but honestly wish I could split myself in 3 on Sunday night (The Cure/Janelle Monae/Christine & The Queen)