FULL LINE UP

danbailey80

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Some thoughts of someone who is not going and can’t decide how I feel. This may be a long read but I’m feeling a certain way. This lineup is bittersweet because I failed to get tickets and a fair few of my friends are going. I want to go and be with them, and I feel that all of my fomo is sourcing from not being with my mates as opposed to “missing out” on a fantastic lineup.

There are some fantastic acts. Tame Impala and Chemical Brothers are two of my favourite acts. Billie Eilish is fantastic and one of the definite rising stars of this year. Her slot is lower than I imagined, but I guess it will look good for Glastonbury when she’s a bona fide headliner in the next few years. 

However for the first time in a long while I don’t feel like I’m missing anything. If you’ve been to Glastonbury in the past five years your must see list is probably seriously low. 

I want to go because I love the festival. However for the first time in a long time my fomo is not based on anything lineup related. The dance line up this year is fantastic but nothing unique to anyone who is based in London and regularly goes out.

I don’t know where this negativity stems from as i’m usually a champion of the festival through and throughout.

I'm in the same situation and feel exactly the same, well summarised! 

16 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Yeah looking through it more, some REALLY strange set times. 

I strongly suspect those stage times aren't finalised! If you go down to the smaller venues there are some weird gaps so I think this is very much version 1.0....

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Apparently not.  I can't remember the source, but it's not the 80s singer.

Fair enough. Saw her in my local pub a few months ago and she was surprisingly good so would probably have seen her again if it was.

Thats not a line I thought I would have written this time last year :D

4 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I'm in the same situation and feel exactly the same, well summarised! 

I’m glad as I was concerned i was just coming across as a hater without a ticket. Anyone who knows me knows I would give my arm to be there any time in the year. But this year it’s probably that I’d give a finger.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I’m glad as I was concerned i was just coming across as a hater without a ticket. Anyone who knows me knows I would give my arm to be there any time in the year. But this year it’s probably that I’d give a finger.

Dunno if this is controversial but there are a lot of repeat bookings. Many of the acts I would see I have already seen in previous years.

Early starts for me. Lankum are one of my most favourite bands at the moment.

Proclaimers on the Pyramid should be a fun way to start the day.

And maybe the Cat Empire on the Other Stage... though not sure if they are an early slot act.

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

After a first pass at the Clashfinder I'll easily fill my days, but there's a lot of 'could be interestings' and 'seen them befores' in there, rather than a load of genuinely unmissable must-sees.

All my must-sees are clashing. I'm actually irrationally cross. What's the point of having such a strong female presence and then putting it on at the same fking time? Stick it on against Liam or some other hasbeen. Gah.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, giantkatestacks said:

All my must-sees are clashing. I'm actually irrationally cross. What's the point of having such a strong female presence and then putting it on at the same fking time? Stick it on against Liam or some other hasbeen. Gah.

Sigrid is against Liam. She's bloody fantastic and more than justifying that slot. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

After a first pass at the Clashfinder I'll easily fill my days, but there's a lot of 'could be interestings' and 'seen them befores' in there, rather than a load of genuinely unmissable must-sees.

This where I'm at too.

I've been spoilt the last 2 years I've been (2015 and 2017) with two or three genuine 10/10 must not miss moments, so it's swings and roundabouts in that sense. 

Lots I've seen before but would happily see again, lots I'm curious to see and ultimately I'll have loads of time to explore so it's all good. 

Also need to scour the line up's earlier acts as I'm currently starting my day at 3/4 each day, so no doubt there'll be loads more to add. 

Edited by nikkic

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

This where I'm at too.

I've been spoilt the last 2 years I've been (2015 and 2017) with two or three genuine 10/10 must not miss moments, so it's swings and roundabouts in that sense. 

Lots I've seen before but would happily see again, lots I'm curious to see and ultimately I'll have loads of time to explore so it's all good. 

And me, strangely despite moaning about the Friday there's more green in there than any of the other days. Although that's mostly "yeah I suppose I could see them" rather than anything I'm particularly bothered about watching.

55 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

All I can think is it's to allow time to get from Liam at pyramid to other for them then back for killers! That is going to be crazy.

Got to be that - is the only reason for doing it that way, then allowing their fans to get back for The Killers. 

58 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Exactly. Courteeners 45 mins. Janet Jackson not even doing an hour!!!!

I imagine whatever Glastonbury pay is enough to get 50 minutes of Janet Jackson and not a second longer...I can't imagine she's doing it for the love of the festival or of performing...

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Might go Capaldi for his banter. Think he is funny and he used Shane McMahon's entrance music at Big weekend which is one of my fave wrestling themes. Hate his music though.

Yeah, that's how bleak it's looking.

UGH even more reasons to dislike him!

9 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

You can't ask for equal gender representation and then not expect clashes. And Liam Gallagher will draw a bigger crowd than C&TQ I can assure you.

55 minutes ago, sime said:

Just had a good look through it all. Really good line up this year in my view. Only really big clash for me is between Jeff Goldblum and Babymetal. I think Jeff is going to win that though!

That's the kind of clash that you'd only get at Glastonbury!

I like the line up.  As ever there's more than enough I'm happy to see, and I'll not make a good chunk of that anyway due to being entertained elsewhere.

Can't wait!

• Upvote 1

Really happy with the lineup. 5 must sees, then loads to fill out the rest of the days. Some clashes in there, but fortunately not too many to be that devastating. I was really bullish about the first poster, but it's hard to fully judge until we see the full schedule. Overall, very happy.

Puzzled by the scheduling of Billie and Miley, though. Surely you'd put a 10 minute gap between the two? Hopefully that gets revised and Miley is moved a touch earlier.

17 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Has to be a wind up!