FULL LINE UP

danbailey80

Its subjective and goes on your personal tastes but for me the line up is woefully bad. Plus side of that is I don't have any clash problems and I get more time to explore a lot and find some mad stuff.

They could have at least given me Placebo, one band and id have been happy.

Hmm on first look...it's not great. Seems to be very much aiming to be aiming for a mix of Radio 1 and the less edgy aspects of BBC Six Music. 

Many of the top acts are not exactly must sees, but more like stuff i'd label 'bands if they're on i'll give them a go, but won't rush to see them'.

Some weird set lengths too...what is the point of having Kamasi Washington and begrudgingly giving him an hour?

1 minute ago, oldmagsy83 said:

Hmm on first look...it's not great. Seems to be very much aiming to be aiming for a mix of Radio 1 and the less edgy aspects of BBC Six Music. 

Many of the top acts are not exactly must sees, but more like stuff i'd label 'bands if they're on i'll give them a go, but won't rush to see them'.

Some weird set lengths too...what is the point of having Kamasi Washington and begrudgingly giving him an hour?

Exactly. Courteeners 45 mins. Janet Jackson not even doing an hour!!!!

Just now, oldmagsy83 said:

I mean I am nowhere near a fan of Coutteeners (no offence) but since when did the sub on Other only get 45 minutes?

All I can think is it's to allow time to get from Liam at pyramid to other for them then back for killers! That is going to be crazy.

Just now, Chrisp1986 said:

All I can think is it's to allow time to get from Liam at pyramid to other for them then back for killers! That is going to be crazy.

Well, i will know to avoid that route at that time - could be some crowd issues there! Someone hasn't planned that well..

Just had a good look through it all. Really good line up this year in my view. Only really big clash for me is between Jeff Goldblum and Babymetal. I think Jeff is going to win that though!

• Like 1

Some thoughts of someone who is not going and can’t decide how I feel. This may be a long read but I’m feeling a certain way. This lineup is bittersweet because I failed to get tickets and a fair few of my friends are going. I want to go and be with them, and I feel that all of my fomo is sourcing from not being with my mates as opposed to “missing out” on a fantastic lineup.

There are some fantastic acts. Tame Impala and Chemical Brothers are two of my favourite acts. Billie Eilish is fantastic and one of the definite rising stars of this year. Her slot is lower than I imagined, but I guess it will look good for Glastonbury when she’s a bona fide headliner in the next few years. 

However for the first time in a long while I don’t feel like I’m missing anything. If you’ve been to Glastonbury in the past five years your must see list is probably seriously low. 

I want to go because I love the festival. However for the first time in a long time my fomo is not based on anything lineup related. The dance line up this year is fantastic but nothing unique to anyone who is based in London and regularly goes out.

I don’t know where this negativity stems from as i’m usually a champion of the festival through and throughout.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

There's absolutely loads for me on there, but the only 2 that are my absolute musts are Tame Impala and Jon Hopkins.  Who clash with each other! ??

I wasn’t ready for that, that is my biggest upset

• Like 1