Worthy View entrance?

chrislfc

I'm looking at staying over near the site on the Tuesday night in a BnB somewhere.

I'm a first time Worthy View user this year so I'm just wondering what the easiest route is into WV?

Is it the same road as the West Campervan fields? Stickleball Lane?

Or do you get in from other roads?

Thanks in advance.

31 minutes ago, chrislfc said:

I'm looking at staying over near the site on the Tuesday night in a BnB somewhere.

I'm a first time Worthy View user this year so I'm just wondering what the easiest route is into WV?

Thanks in advance.

Which way are you coming from?

1 hour ago, chrislfc said:

Thanks in advance.

We stayed at WV in 2017. Approached from the SW (Devon - so M5 then A303) and simply followed signs. Barely any traffic - stewards posted along the way, although we did stop to check we were on the right path. 

Parked up and then a 2-3 minute walk to the entrance, and barely any queue to get our wristbands. 

Couldn't have been easier. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillyfaddle said:

Which way are you coming from?

Coming from Liverpool but might stay on the other side of the festival site on the Tuesday night if the traffic is easier from the South West and if there's an entrance to WV from the SW. That post above suggests there is.

We normally stay in the West Campervan fields so get in early on the Tuesday through Street and Glastonbury town centre. Not sure I want to go that route on the Wednesday though. It can be bumper to bumper Wednesday morning going that way in.

2 hours ago, chrislfc said:

Coming from Liverpool but might stay on the other side of the festival site on the Tuesday night if the traffic is easier from the South West and if there's an entrance to WV from the SW. That post above suggests there is.

We normally stay in the West Campervan fields so get in early on the Tuesday through Street and Glastonbury town centre. Not sure I want to go that route on the Wednesday though. It can be bumper to bumper Wednesday morning going that way in.

Yes, WV is signposted off A361 between Glastonbury and Pilton. but it’s like a rabbit warren around there and the signage has been a bit haphazard in previous years (friends got lost). By far the easiest way into WV is to head NE on A37 towards Shepton Mallet, then turn left at the Wraxall/Ditcheat crossroads. WV is about 5 mins from there. Most of the traffic heads SW on A37 from the junction with A361 to East car parks, turning off right way before the Wraxall crossroads. But it will be a bit of a x-country detour if you’re staying in Glastonbury itself. The postcode which will get you closest to WV is BA4 6TR - but check the road closures.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Follow the signs as long as some fucker hasn’t knocked it over. I have deduced that it’s down Newtown lane then a maze of country lanes following signage   Easy to find. 

Signs r hit and miss cant remember post code for sat nav

5 hours ago, chrislfc said:

We’re staying south of the site near Lydford, did it in 17 and it was easy into East carpark. In WV this year and google says it’s 11 mins from our B&B. 

I’ll take that after a hearty breakfast and good night’s kip. 

Word of caution, if you’re looking for somewhere now you might be struggling, it was already chocka after the resale.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stubbsy55 said:

anyone had their worthy view tickets emailed yet???

Nope - from memory, the email with all the info (not a ticket) usually doesn't come until June. Waiting for the WV Twitter account to kick back into life....

Edited by phillyfaddle
Added info

28 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

car parking tickets come in the post very close to the date 

Yes, it's always a last minute scramble to get the car parking tickets distributed to friends in other parts of the country!! Luckily, mine aren't TOO far away.

3 hours ago, herzzreh said:

Coming from Bath/Frome area on Wednesday, is it safe to assume that to avoid traffic, best is to take A359 and then either take county roads near Bruton or just continue down to A37 and then come back up north?

Bruton to Ditcheat, then follow Wraxall Road to A37 crossroads (you go straight over to East Pennard) is a good route to WV. Avoid Shepton Mallet and surrounding area!!

• Like 1

Anyone know if they would let a taxi drop us at the WV car park or can you only get so far without a car park pass? Also a rough cost of this from Bristol?

Just weighing up my options... In 2016 the WV shuttle buses from the coach park seemed non-existent and we ended up walking up after waiting a few hours, and that was hell. But 2016 is maybe a bad example to go by ?‍♀️