Gerry Cinnamon

ITK19889

Just now, EamerRed said:

100% this. I always whinge about it I know, but it's a forum that prides itself on being friendly and having the Glasto vibe, but only until you like a band that's not on the pre-approved list!

Just let people enjoy what they enjoy. And don't complain unless the artist has a moral reason to be disliked.

You do realise that every single band gets a slagging on here, even forum darlings like Radiohead get shit because there's loads of people on here and we like different things.

The album is a bit of a dull listen on the whole but there's a few good little songs on there and the live shows look great.   It's great to see someone connect with an audience like that just from gigging without any real label/media support.   Good for him.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

His appeal is mainly to the Ned (chav) element from the west of Scotland though the sing a long catchy tunes are ok if you are steaming (pissed) and up for an empty (parents away for the night and an impromptu teenage party arranged).  

The  bevvy of choice (alcoholic drink) is usually Buckie ( a tonic wine formally favoured by gentile old ladies produced by monks in a quant English abbey)  and usually puts the weans (kids) affthurnuts (a bit crazy) .  It can end up in a right rammy (fight). The night ends with copious boaking (vomiting) 

that about sums up a typical Gerry fan.  I have interpreted for those who might not understand the ned\ chav speak.  

Sorry, I have to profoundly disagree with it. 

He's just very popular in Scotland full stop nothing to do with 'neds' whatsoever. I don't like his music at all, it's not what I'd ever listen to but he's worked up from having no record deal at all to have some of the fastest selling shows in Scotland and now subbing Trnsmt, he deserves a bit more respect than that. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, mcshed said:

You do realise that every single band gets a slagging on here, even forum darlings like Radiohead get shit because there's loads of people on here and we like different things.

I think there's a line to tread between not liking something and then throwing others who do like a given artist in to a group and labelling said group with a derogatory term.

Diversity in any form should be celebrated not ridiculed.

Edited by JoeyT

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I think there's a line to tread between not liking something and then throwing others who do like a given artist in to a group and labelling said group with a derogatory term.

Diversity in any form should be celebrated not ridiculed.

Fair enough, but you're as likely to be called a boring beardy stroking Radiohead bed wetter as piss-throwing neanderthal Kasabian chav, neither is nice but it's not like only one type of act gets shit.

Edited by mcshed

7 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Fair enough, but you're as likely to be called a boring beardy stroking Radiohead bed wetter as piss-throwing neanderthal Kasabian chav, neither is nice but it's not like only one type of act gets shit.

Totally get your point and while you're right in that both sides get stick, I really don't think you are just as likely. 

4 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Totally get your point and while you're right in that both sides get stick, I really don't think you are just as likely. 

Maybe it is't 50/50 but it isn't totally one sided. There's plenty of people in this thread saying they really rate Cinna-man and how he gets a crowd going, if you like him reply to those talk about his album, whatever.  You're never going to stop someone slagging an act so just ignore them. 

He’s a 30 something lad who has had his break no he’s not going to be around for years to come, so he’s grabbing every opportunity he can get atm & good on him, I’ve watched him as a support act & the crowd absolutely loved him so did I, up beat catchy sing along tunes from a guy that probably couple years ago was in the crowd now he finds himself on the stage, so Glastonbury should welcome him with open arms tbh apart from the snobby brigade that’s what Glastonbury’s about isn’t it ? The Foals get a lot of love on here I don’t understand it personally but won’t catch me calling them shit each to there own.

Anyway Im hopping he’s on the other stage on the Friday. Be very suprised if I don’t see his name, the fact he’s supporting LG in Dublin on the Wednesday I’m hoping he’s a cert aswell

Edited by ITK19889

1 hour ago, EamerRed said:

100% this. I always whinge about it I know, but it's a forum that prides itself on being friendly and having the Glasto vibe, but only until you like a band that's not on the pre-approved list!

Just let people enjoy what they enjoy. And don't complain unless the artist has a moral reason to be disliked.

I was being a bit tongue in cheek and a bit light hearted about Gerry , as folk do up here. Of course it goes without saying that everyone has their own tastes and should enjoy whatever they want. I am sure he would go down a storm and clashed willing I will probably be there.  The Scots sense of humour can be a bit self deprecating! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I was being a bit tongue in cheek and a bit light hearted about Gerry , as folk do up here. Of course it goes without saying that everyone has their own tastes and should enjoy whatever they want. I am sure he would go down a storm and clashed willing I will probably be there

Mate what’s fine each to there own wasn’t signaling anyone out just more of a mob rule sometimes on here if your face don’t fit, I’m hoping for a Gerry into Courteeners Friday night other stage just to see the melt down on here commence ?.....

I hope you all have a absolute blinder next month and don’t stop smiling for the five days at the greatest place on earth ? whatever anyone chooses to watch ??

Your all belters............???

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, ITK19889 said:

Mate what’s fine each to there own wasn’t signaling anyone out just more of a mob rule sometimes on here if your face don’t fit, I’m hoping for a Gerry into Courteeners Friday night other stage just to see the melt down on here commence ?.....

I hope you all have a absolute blinder next month and don’t stop smiling for the five days at the greatest place on earth ? whatever anyone chooses to watch ??

Your all belters............???

Cheers, just like a bit of banter! 

Try teaching Newton’s laws of motion to a class of rowdy 15 year olds singing disco land  and anyone would not have Gerry cinnamon as their favourite artist

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...