Cineramageddon

FuzzyDunlop

I've not seen much said on this since G-2019 ended, don't suppose it turned out to be much good? Still seems a waste of space and cars for just a few hundred people to watch a film and chill out, surely it needs a rethink. Does anyone know if it will return in 2020 or are there new plans in the works?

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I've not seen much said on this since G-2019 ended, don't suppose it turned out to be much good? Still seems a waste of space and cars for just a few hundred people to watch a film and chill out, surely it needs a rethink. Does anyone know if it will return in 2020 or are there new plans in the works?

On the contrary I think it's a brilliant thing. No problem that it caters to just a few hundred people rather than the masses. Things like this is what allows people to have completely different Glastonbury experiences. Sometimes you need a place with a few hundred people to chill out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Keithy said:

On the contrary I think it's a brilliant thing. No problem that it caters to just a few hundred people rather than the masses. Things like this is what allows people to have completely different Glastonbury experiences. Sometimes you need a place with a few hundred people to chill out.

That's the thing, I thought there were already a ton of places to chill out :P But fair enough, I hadn't seen much written about it on here post-2019, so thought I would inquire. If I get tickets to 2020 it's one of the places I would like to check out, purely out of curiosity, altho there used to be a cinema near the kids fields or circus area (I can't remember now) and I never went to that either

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

That's the thing, I thought there were already a ton of places to chill out :P But fair enough, I hadn't seen much written about it on here post-2019, so thought I would inquire. If I get tickets to 2020 it's one of the places I would like to check out, purely out of curiosity, altho there used to be a cinema near the kids fields or circus area (I can't remember now) and I never went to that either

There's still the Pilton Palais just by the acoustic tent.

watched Withnail and I on Thursday night in 2017.  Was great.  Hiked up in the afternoon heat in 2019 to see the Bros Q & A and they had cancelled.  Bit annoying.  The Fatboy Slim DJ Set went right over my head.  Though I saw him on the Saturday night at Pangea and was too exhausted to stay very long.  Presumably its a corner of the site they don't have any other plans for?  And surely Glastonbury doesn't actually own all the cars?

30 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

watched Withnail and I on Thursday night in 2017.  Was great.  Hiked up in the afternoon heat in 2019 to see the Bros Q & A and they had cancelled.  Bit annoying.  The Fatboy Slim DJ Set went right over my head.  Though I saw him on the Saturday night at Pangea and was too exhausted to stay very long.  Presumably its a corner of the site they don't have any other plans for?  And surely Glastonbury doesn't actually own all the cars?

im pretty sure they do .... they are stored in a barn onsite I believe 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/5/2020 at 11:21 AM, Kalopsia said:

Not sure where else to put this but they are doing the music from Joker live in concert with the film and there is a Glastonbury gap?

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/search?q=joker

Do they just do the score in those things? Or is there gonna be an awkward few minutes as Gary glitter gets an airing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

When can we start booking tickets for this for this years festival that is definitely happening?

According to the thingy June 12th was when last year, but I seem to remember last year people figured out the website went live and were able to sneak in and reserve space at the fatboy slim event a few days before.... 

• 3 months later...

There was a Q&A with Julien Temple and Mark Kermode last night.

Couple of points from the Q&A.

• Exploring options about having silent films with a live music accompaniment at Cineramageddon in future years.
  • Looking to have more cars in the field for people to sit it.

Watched the Q&A on my lunch earlier, really enjoyed it. Would love to see a few live-scored films across the site, not just Cinerarmageddon. I saw Teeth of the Sea score a film on the Apollo space programme at the Science Museum Imax last year and that was fucking epic - would be over the moon for something similar in one of the bigger tents after hours.