Jump to content

Slam Dunk Festival 2020


Dukey
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

co-headlining with Don Broco (maybe switching north and south dates a la Reading / Leeds?)

That’s what I’m thinking. The Punk In Drublic Stage is the second biggest outdoor stage and it is returning again and I can’t see them putting Don Broco (an arena band) or Sum 41 in a tent. 

They’ve also stated that the two heavy stage headliners are still to be announced. I’m thinking While She Sleeps and Every Time I Die will get announced after their tour is done early next year. They won’t clash like this year. I shouldn’t think that the Dickies and Marshall stages will clash again, either. 

I think the headliners will be: 

Main - Don Broco & Sum 41 

PID - NOFX 

Jagermeister - While She Sleeps 

Impericon - Every Time I Die 

Dickies - The Wonder Years 

Marshall - Motion City Soundtrack 

Key Club - We Are The In Crowd 

Edited by Andre91
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jericode said:

I'm thinking they're just on different stages, they called Good Charlotte and Jimmy Eat World co-headliners in 2018 and then directly clashed them.

I really hope not, that annoyed a lot of people. If they do then it will be a tough decision between Broco and Sum 41. 

55 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Dont see why Sum 41, The Used and Billy Talent teased the announcement if they're not the final 3 on a stage. NoFX dont need an outdoor stage again, surely anyone who has already seen them wouldn't bother ever again given how terrible they are right!?

NOFX are on the Punk In Drublic stage which I’m guessing will be outside again. By the sounds of it they could be headlining it as well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Dont see why Sum 41, The Used and Billy Talent teased the announcement if they're not the final 3 on a stage. NoFX dont need an outdoor stage again, surely anyone who has already seen them wouldn't bother ever again given how terrible they are right!?

I am a huge NOFX fan and I fucked off last year, because they were actual garbage.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, moams said:

I’ve just got an email from See tickets. They said Sum 41 as co-headliners with Don Broco as I’m guessing that they will both be on the same stage and alternate who does the closing set 

 

8 hours ago, Jericode said:

I'm thinking they're just on different stages, they called Good Charlotte and Jimmy Eat World co-headliners in 2018 and then directly clashed them.

 

6 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Dont see why Sum 41, The Used and Billy Talent teased the announcement if they're not the final 3 on a stage. NoFX dont need an outdoor stage again, surely anyone who has already seen them wouldn't bother ever again given how terrible they are right!?

I think they are on the 2nd stage, Sum 41 provide a great alternative to Don Broco and Billy Talent and The Used can quite easily play below them on that. I very much doubt they will alternate it but I can see them having a bigger stage for where B4MV played.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Dont see why Sum 41, The Used and Billy Talent teased the announcement if they're not the final 3 on a stage. NoFX dont need an outdoor stage again, surely anyone who has already seen them wouldn't bother ever again given how terrible they are right!?

Maybe it's a stage curated by the 3? Who knows it's obviously a seperate stage for them to tease themselves as a trio and they tend to keep each stage a similar genre and let's be honest Broco are definitely not pop punk aha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jcarb said:

Maybe it's a stage curated by the 3? Who knows it's obviously a seperate stage for them to tease themselves as a trio and they tend to keep each stage a similar genre and let's be honest Broco are definitely not pop punk aha.

Billy Talent aren’t pop punk though are they?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Nor are The Used. The main stages aren't necessarily that similar. Hence why I think those 3 head up one, Broco headline the other and NoFX headline the tent.

That would make sense but then where does that leave the heavier stages when there were 2 in the tent last year? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After realising the amount of bands on that lineup that would probably be on a big outdoor stage, I think they’ll have two main stages now with Sun 41 and Broco clashing. 

Sum 41 / Billy Talent / The Used / Mayday Parade / Four Year Strong 

Don Broco / Angels and Airwaves (I’m holding out hope) / State Champs / The Story So Far / Issues 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Nor are The Used. The main stages aren't necessarily that similar. Hence why I think those 3 head up one, Broco headline the other and NoFX headline the tent.

True, probably have a closer fan crossover than any of them do with Broco. All we're in their peak around the same time so people probably have the nostalgic feel for all 3.
Can see the main stage/whatever stage Broco play being heavier like the year shikari headlined.
 

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

After realising the amount of bands on that lineup that would probably be on a big outdoor stage, I think they’ll have two main stages now with Sun 41 and Broco clashing. 

Sum 41 / Billy Talent / The Used / Mayday Parade / Four Year Strong 

Don Broco / Angels and Airwaves (I’m holding out hope) / State Champs / The Story So Far / Issues 

I wouldn't be surprised with seeing State Champs or TSSF headlining their own stage at this point.
Maybe a lower down stage and staggered to not anger all the pop punk fans that want to end the day with Sum 41 aha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...