Slam Dunk Festival 2020

Dukey

4 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

I can't get that image out of my head of Rise Against being there (think someone made a poster of it which had them on it). Unlikely, but let me dream that they'll be the replacement for Bury Tomorrow....if this even goes ahead!

Rise Against headline if they play.

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Slam Dunk could get away with having Rise Against play in a non-headlining position. They could sub one of the two main stages, I’m sure.

They headlined the same stage at Download in 2018 that Parkway Drive did and did Brixton, Apollo Manchester and other Academy dates on their tour 3 years ago, they aren't subbing. State Champs and Billy Talent are not the same size.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

They headlined the same stage at Download in 2018 that Parkway Drive did and did Brixton, Apollo Manchester and other Academy dates on their tour 3 years ago, they aren't subbing. State Champs and Billy Talent are not the same size.

Parkway Drive are an arena band now and not relevant to this conversation. 

Rise Against were not a strong booking headlining the Zippo that year, lots of people saw it as a weak booking. 

If you look at previous SD headliners in recent years such as All Time Low, Good Charlotte, Enter Shikari and evening Don Broco, Rise Against are smaller than all of those and wouldn’t play above any of them. I think they’d be just fine subbing.

Most of the acts I really want to see are still there; The Wonder Years, The Story So Far, Four Year Strong and Code Orange so I'm happy with that.  Bit disappointed by Your Demise and Refused and hope Chunk can make the new dates but I'm still doubtful this will go ahead.

Also, I'm guessing that they'll have some difficulty in filling in a lot of those acts who have pulled out. With some much uncertainty I can't see many acts wanting to commit to it, especially international acts.

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Parkway Drive are an arena band now and not relevant to this conversation. 

Rise Against were not a strong booking headlining the Zippo that year, lots of people saw it as a weak booking. 

If you look at previous SD headliners in recent years such as All Time Low, Good Charlotte, Enter Shikari and evening Don Broco, Rise Against are smaller than all of those and wouldn’t play above any of them. I think they’d be just fine subbing.

If Skindred can sub Zippo then RA are not a weak headliner based on that. That being said, I think Skindred subbing is crazy but this is the same place that puts KSE headlining Zippo too and they aren't that big now. RA however would play 4th down at Download.

Good Charlotte were not doing the bigger venues when they headlined, nor were Enter Shikari...and ES are too big headline SD now, ATL have fallen right off generally...I didn't mind some of their most recent and at their peak they could have subbed Reading but it all fell very quick.

Edited by thewayiam

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

If Skindred can sub Zippo then RA are not a weak headliner based on that. That being said, I think Skindred subbing is crazy but this is the same place that puts KSE headlining Zippo too and they aren't that big now. RA however would play 4th down at Download.

Good Charlotte were not doing the bigger venues when they headlined, nor were Enter Shikari...and ES are too big headline SD now, ATL have fallen right off generally...I didn't mind some of their most recent and at their peak they could have subbed Reading but it all fell very quick.

Enter Shikari has done an arena tour the year before they headline Slam Dunk, and would go on another later on that same year. 

3 hours ago, justanothername said:

No photo description available.

That is who is confirmed at the moment. Some other bands are still trying to work out if they can make the new dates.

I’m happy with that. The only glaring omissions are Your Demise an Motion City Soundtrack but other than that, everyone else I wanted to see is still there. 

Disappointed to not see State Champs on there tbh. Hoping RBF still make the PID. Still haven’t got anything back regarding a refund/changing my ticket to a Leeds ticket. Really still not convinced this will go ahead. Why put all the effort in trying to do this and then having to cancel anyway... 

9 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Enter Shikari has done an arena tour the year before they headline Slam Dunk, and would go on another later on that same year. 

Maybe so, they are favourites also. I think they are too big now but I also remember their arena tour didn't do great and they are pretty much back down to Acsdemies now except for London. I don't take too much notice with Ally Pally and even Wembley Arena usually, it's the biggest and busiest city in England by far and of course you have an opportunity to sell more tickets there than anywhere else. This shows heavily when it gets conbinee with other dates that are 2-3.5k capacity at max. An arena tour for me is though when you can tick off the big one's and not just that little step up.

Not sure if the festival will happen in September anyway with the actual situation. In Belgium, they already cancel a festival which was supposed to be during the last weekend of September. But if it happens, it's still a great line-up. 

Set It Off and I Prevail gonna be on it for sure due to their actual schedule. Sad Kublai Khan play already in Germany during these dates. The postponed tour of Our Hollow Our Home is supposed to happen in September so they could play there again. And sad the Impericon Festival in Oberhausen is happening on the same weekend as Slam DunkAs I Lay Dying would have been a perfect headliner for the Impericon Stage. Get Jesse Barnet would be sick as he starts his tour in Germany on September 9th... but I guess with the other UK shows already announced, it's difficult to make it happens.