Slam Dunk Festival 2020

Dukey

38 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Anyone still holding out hope is kidding themselves. There's no chance this goes ahead. The government have stated that they are not going to support mass gathering events with emergency staff for at least the next 12 weeks. No gig/festival can go ahead without that support :( 

I wont dispute the 12 weeks though an events company I work with which relies heavily on medical support is working g on a rolling 8 weeks for their summer events. They are currently planning up to mid may. 

I'm certainly not holding out hope but just wanted to point that out  

With ADTR postponing their tour, think that all but confirms Slam Dunk has bit the dust as well.

Such a shame, such a good lineup, fantastic bands I'd seen before in Sum 41 and Don Broco who are ace, and bands who I was keen on seeing for the first time like Billy Talent and State Champs. Health and safety first though, but damn, such a shame.

I do wonder whether A Day To Remember will switch venues because of this change? Leeds Arena and Wembley Arena perhaps?

Guys, without wishing to be the bringer of doom, but this ain't going to happen.  To coordinate a fest like SD take a lot of organising, esp with the overseas bands - it's about whos available - so the chances of even getting the main stage rescheduled is slim, let alone ADTR and the rest of the line up.  Don't get your hopes up and get ready for full on cancellation.  If they manage to get any consolation gig (not fest), this year, then consider it a bonus.

I am truly gutted about this.

9 hours ago, gary1979666 said:

Guys, without wishing to be the bringer of doom, but this ain't going to happen.  To coordinate a fest like SD take a lot of organising, esp with the overseas bands - it's about whos available - so the chances of even getting the main stage rescheduled is slim, let alone ADTR and the rest of the line up.  Don't get your hopes up and get ready for full on cancellation.  If they manage to get any consolation gig (not fest), this year, then consider it a bonus.

I am truly gutted about this.

That went well for a few hours . Be interesting to see the line up though

5 minutes ago, foolee said:

Rescheduled to a Sunday with no bank holiday the day after, that’s me out unfortunately unless I can change my ticket to Leeds but then again are we sure this will go ahead in September as I’m not too sure? 

Event organisers seem to be getting advice from government that august onwards is still possible. Who knows how the next few months will pan out 

On 3/25/2020 at 1:18 PM, Pottsy2913 said:

Dance Gavin Dance and Issues can’t make the new dates. Wonder if any artists from R+L would potentially stick around to perform at SD given the chance?

Festival republic would never allow their leeds artists to perform at another show in leeds one week later 😂

• Downvote 1