Slam Dunk Festival 2020

Dukey

Apparently Broco and Sum 41 aren’t clashing, don’t know how much weight it has to it. Was told yesterday by my cousin who knew the lineup pretty much before it was released. Wouldn’t answer any questions on it. Could be complete shit but thought it was worth putting it out. 

22 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Apparently Broco and Sum 41 aren’t clashing, don’t know how much weight it has to it. Was told yesterday by my cousin who knew the lineup pretty much before it was released. Wouldn’t answer any questions on it. Could be complete shit but thought it was worth putting it out. 

It was said on the radio during the announcement 

On 12/29/2019 at 8:24 PM, Heartofzinc said:

Still unsure of whether to get a ticket for this or not. Anyone know if there’s many more announcements to come? Hadn’t heard of many of the bands in the last one!

We should have about 20-25 more bands. So at least 2 more announcements in 2020.

The last announcement was especially with heavy names and some punk-rock stuff. I'm curious which names you don't know in this list?

16 hours ago, Archi said:

We should have about 20-25 more bands. So at least 2 more announcements in 2020.

The last announcement was especially with heavy names and some punk-rock stuff. I'm curious which names you don't know in this list?

Cheers! The only bands I’d heard of on the list from Christmas Day were Zebrahead and Dance Gavin Dance.

Anyone manage to grab tickets for this then? I come from up North, so would be too far a trip to make on such short notice, but would be fantastic to see Sum 41 in such a small venue.

Chances of any other bands doing Slam Dunk warm up shows similar to Bullet at the Barrowland last year? Would love to see Don Broco do something like that.

Sum 41.jpg

9 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I'd be surprised if Slam Dunk beats last year for me.

Was okay for me last year, the only horrendous clash was ATL and Bullet, with Silverstein being the highlight, but this year probably trumps it for me to be honest. Some acts I haven't seen before that I wouldn't mind catching (Billy Talent and State Champs), and Don Broco and Sum 41 headlining will be a riot, both fantastic live acts.

I'm intrigued to see who the secret set (if they do it again) will be. Watch them go and pull McFly out of the bag or something.

On 1/8/2020 at 10:17 PM, Pottsy2913 said:

Was okay for me last year, the only horrendous clash was ATL and Bullet, with Silverstein being the highlight, but this year probably trumps it for me to be honest. Some acts I haven't seen before that I wouldn't mind catching (Billy Talent and State Champs), and Don Broco and Sum 41 headlining will be a riot, both fantastic live acts.

I'm intrigued to see who the secret set (if they do it again) will be. Watch them go and pull McFly out of the bag or something.

Billy I saw a few times when they produced better, Sum 41 I've seen twice since reunion and State Champs are probably done. McFly would not draw me at all.

8 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

McFly as a secret set like Busted last year could work, especially given they're VERY active over the summer. Don't think they have the same influence over younger fans as Busted did though, so for that reason, I'm saying probably not.

I think Busted was a good one off novelty - great atmosphere, fab singalongs and everyone took it in good spirit.  I doubt they'd make it a regular fixture of having a boyband with guitars.  The whole surprise of it added to the novelty (surprise as in knowing a week or so before the event) - wondering who the pop act will be this year takes the shine of it.

On 1/10/2020 at 12:47 PM, sacred shape said:

Creeper's new album is out a day before Slam Dunk, so I'd assume they're nailed on to play? Even if they're not announced I foresee a secret set

In his instagram q and a the other day Will said they aren't playing so itll be a secret set if it happens.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 3:19 PM, RarerThanDandyB said:

Apparently Broco and Sum 41 aren’t clashing, don’t know how much weight it has to it. 

Hope this is true, was waiting to find this out before getting a ticket. Stage splits were late-February last year.