Slam Dunk Festival 2020

Dukey

8 minutes ago, Jericode said:

The more I think about it the more the timings for these announcements confuse me, if they're announcing it all Wednesday why bother dropping two names early? And at completely different times as well.

I was thinking due to them announcing these acts live on instagram and they are in the evening that the bands are announcing themselves and they are american acts which is why they are being announced in the evening due to the time difference. I also think they'll be the 2 biggest acts.  

26 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

Hope we get some acts for the Fireball/PID stage - was less impressed by the first announcement....only 4 Year Strong that I'd want to see.

I'd watch a few bands of the first announcement, but hoping for a bit off this stage. Any of Rancid/The Distillers/Mighty Mighty Bosstones/Dropkick Murphy's would be great. Wishful thinking on my behalf i fear.

48 minutes ago, jump said:

A decent addition but not someone I'd go out of my way for. I did think it was gonna be someone more noteworthy otherwise what's the point of announcing them by themselves.

Agreed, I think we all thought it was going to be a larger act but not a bad addition. It will be interesting who is announced tomorrow. 

6 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Dream state announcing alone is a bit odd. Hadn't heard of them until very recently

Yeah I don’t get it, why not just announce them with all of the acts on Wednesday? I assumed the earlier announcements were going to be stage headliners or subs... I did think it might be because they’ve got a new record out or due to them being female fronted and slam dunk have got abuse in the past for having fairly male dominated lineups. 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Yeah I don’t get it, why not just announce them with all of the acts on Wednesday? I assumed the earlier announcements were going to be stage headliners or subs... I did think it might be because they’ve got a new record out or due to them being female fronted and slam dunk have got abuse in the past for having fairly male dominated lineups. 

I think it's because they were in Leeds doing a signing in a local record store.
If we're going off people that are in Leeds around the announcements the Real Friends tour rolls in tonight.
Can't imagine Real Friends playing again so soon so can probably go with it being Grayscale announcing themselves during their set or just after leaving stage.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jcarb said:

I think it's because they were in Leeds doing a signing in a local record store.
If we're going off people that are in Leeds around the announcements the Real Friends tour rolls in tonight.
Can't imagine Real Friends playing again so soon so can probably go with it being Grayscale announcing themselves during their set or just after leaving stage.

This is a decent enough reason to do it. Not sure the 15 year olds thought so though. They all assumed that because it was an announcement away from the announcement, that it was going to be some massive band.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, jcarb said:

Was thinking the same and reckon you're on the money here