Slam Dunk Festival 2020

Dukey

Just now, Traher666 said:

While you're right, they don't have as wide a fan bases as those bands, ADTR have just subbed Reading and Leeds, that will likely have elevated the fee they are now asking for.

Given the crowd they attracted for it I think it's unlikely to have a huge effect. Even at Reading at a sold out site it's said they didn't have a big crowd and just weren't really on the whole a band the crowd go for...they were there for Foo Fighters obviously and Bastille got a huge crowd which could have easily been and should have been 3rd down on main, if not sub going by just the Leeds crowd. I don't think either for a more mainstream festival they started the setlist as well as it could have been...needed to catchier numbers from the start in there.

16 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Given the crowd they attracted for it I think it's unlikely to have a huge effect. Even at Reading at a sold out site it's said they didn't have a big crowd and just weren't really on the whole a band the crowd go for...they were there for Foo Fighters obviously and Bastille got a huge crowd which could have easily been and should have been 3rd down on main, if not sub going by just the Leeds crowd. I don't think either for a more mainstream festival they started the setlist as well as it could have been...needed to catchier numbers from the start in there.

That might be the case, but if a band have subbed Reading and Leeds it's likely to affect their Guarantee. I mean I hope it's not them anyway, because they are not a very good live band.

11 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Download have the avalanche stage, chances are they have a few that are particularly Slam Dunky lol. I'm more excited by the SD announcement though, I'm more bothered about bands not being on the lineup that could appear at SD.

I quite obviously meant headlining

1 hour ago, Traher666 said:

That might be the case, but if a band have subbed Reading and Leeds it's likely to affect their Guarantee. I mean I hope it's not them anyway, because they are not a very good live band.

I enjoyed them but I do think Jeremy's voice is weak on All I want....much stronger on CD.

34 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I quite obviously meant headlining

Naturally, SD isn't of a size to take a band that would fit their genre and be able to headline Download yet though so whoever it was they can't get or afford yet.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I enjoyed them but I do think Jeremy's voice is weak on All I want....much stronger on CD.

Naturally, SD isn't of a size to take a band that would fit their genre and be able to headline Download yet though so whoever it was they can't get or afford yet.

Wasn't expecting it to be someone Slam Dunk could get, more someone that might turn their fans heads, like The Offspring for example, who some have predicted even could have headlined slam dunk.

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

Gonna guess Blink doing Enema headlining since they aren't at Download.

Xcerts are announcing something Wednesday and teased a ten year thing so wouldn't surprise me if they were one of this year's "album in full" bookings.

I think that's more likely for Reading and it's been 6 years. I think if they pulled in Blink, Drake and Liam Gallagher they'll do well....Liam would be a cheap booking to fill the rest.

On 9/18/2019 at 6:49 PM, Alex Winstone said:

This is a weird one, Limp Bizkit as a headliner? 

Don't think they'd fit the festival but I'd love this so much and they do play a fair chunk of Limp Bizkit at the club nights in Key Club.
Seeing break Stuff go off in one of the tents would be insane.

Scratching my head at a headline that fits but isn't too big unless they go all out this year.
Could they go really off the standard pop punk headliner and go for Alexisonfire/Architects as a heavier headliner?
like when they had Enter Shikari as the headliner and the mainstage was all relatively heavy for the day.
Then fill the rest of the announcement with a pile of pop punk and a few hardcore bands to counter all the complaints they'd get?

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Two people have posted on the Download forums that they’ve heard some rumours about the lineup: 

1. The Wonder Years doing The Upsides in full 

2. Motion City Soundtrack 

I would do backflips for either of those things. 

I just want this announcement now and I'm going to be on a non Wi-Fi flight tomorrow when it comes out lol