Slam Dunk Festival 2020

Dukey

7 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

Completely agree!

Hadn't heard of them before, but just had a listen and sound pretty good - been around a bit, but not seen their name on line ups over the years.

Yeah, they have never played Slam Dunk before which is odd since they are almost constantly popping up at festivals I go to. You'd think Slam Dunk would have booked them by now to avoid repeat booking the 8 ska punk bands they have on rotate.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, foolee said:

I'd take Billy Talent, The Offspring and Yungblud from the RAR lineup.

Well if we are fantasy booking then I'm gonna set my sights higher and say Slam Dunk should have Green Day headline with Weezer subbing, Korn on Impericon, Volbeat on the Keystage and the likes of System OF A Down, Offspring and Deftones as filler on the rest of the card.

3 hours ago, jump said:

Well if we are fantasy booking then I'm gonna set my sights higher and say Slam Dunk should have Green Day headline with Weezer subbing, Korn on Impericon, Volbeat on the Keystage and the likes of System OF A Down, Offspring and Deftones as filler on the rest of the card.

I think your options are a little more farfetched, like The Offspring might be too big but could probably do a headline slot. And Billy Talent are definately smaller than All Time Low so could sub or headline one of the heavier stages. Realistically Yungblud is probably the wrong demographic.  

Edited by foolee

15 minutes ago, foolee said:

I think your options are a little more farfetched, like The Offspring might be too big but could probably do a headline slot. And Billy Talent are definately smaller than All Time Low so could sub or headline one of the heavier stages. Realistically Yungblud is probably the wrong demographic.  

I think Billy Talent would play 3rd down main stage or sub Jagermeister, don't think they would do as quite as high as Bullet did and they aren't an Impericon headliner. Dickies is too small.

23 hours ago, Jericode said:

They've swapped the social media over to 2020  guessing we'll get our first announcement soon.

Cue hoards of "announce return of Midlands" tweets. Hopefully people are over it, I know I am.

It's so fucking boring. i'm sure the level of entitlement is worse amongst Slam Dunk fans than any other group I have seen on social media. It's either 'bring back midlands' or 'move it back to Leeds cit centre'. Snore.

53 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

It's so fucking boring. i'm sure the level of entitlement is worse amongst Slam Dunk fans than any other group I have seen on social media. It's either 'bring back midlands' or 'move it back to Leeds cit centre'. Snore.

Nah, the most entitled group of fans on social media are fans of bands not from that country every time that band announces anything. They seem to not understand that bands are obviously going to tour more in countries that they have the biggest support (strange example but I see Little Mix fans moaning not stop about them not playing European shows). 

2 hours ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Nah, the most entitled group of fans on social media are fans of bands not from that country every time that band announces anything. They seem to not understand that bands are obviously going to tour more in countries that they have the biggest support (strange example but I see Little Mix fans moaning not stop about them not playing European shows). 

I'd also hypothesise that every person in South America knows the words 'come to' in English, so they can post 'come to insert country in South America' on every social media post ever.

Announced that as expected the sites will remain and they are nearly ready to announce the 1st few acts. If ADTM aren't on the Download announcement then I can't see them here but my ticket will be purchased if The Offspring headline, personally I think they could do the PID if it returns as it was the 2nd biggest stage, Fireball they couldn't.

hotel booked in Leeds

Edited by thewayiam

1 hour ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I wonder if Download have someone particularly slam dunky and that prompted the post so people didn't forget about them 

Download have the avalanche stage, chances are they have a few that are particularly Slam Dunky lol. I'm more excited by the SD announcement though, I'm more bothered about bands not being on the lineup that could appear at SD.

2 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I wonder if Download have someone particularly slam dunky and that prompted the post so people didn't forget about them 

Adds fuel to the fire of them having Blink 182 following Simple Creatures this year

8 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

Adds fuel to the fire of them having Blink 182 following Simple Creatures this year

I think Blink have got more chance of doing Slam Dunk than Download, I don't think they'll do either though.

I'm not sure who I think will headline Slam Dunk this year, there's such a huge gap between what they currently have and what they want to be.

All Time Low and Good Charlotte are a world away from bands like Paramore, ADTR and BMTH, which is where they ultimately want to be.

It's got to be Don Broco's year, surely?

11 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

I think Blink have got more chance of doing Slam Dunk than Download, I don't think they'll do either though.

I'm not sure who I think will headline Slam Dunk this year, there's such a huge gap between what they currently have and what they want to be.

All Time Low and Good Charlotte are a world away from bands like Paramore, ADTR and BMTH, which is where they ultimately want to be.

It's got to be Don Broco's year, surely?

I'd rather the festival didn't go that big but they've not moved out to outdoor venues because they want to stay just in smaller factor. It looks like they want to take this to Warped Tour in the states kind of thing. As soon as Paramore or Blink are booked tickets will be stupid, ADTR I think you would get away with...they don't have such wide bases and they don't sell tours as quick. 

19 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'd rather the festival didn't go that big but they've not moved out to outdoor venues because they want to stay just in smaller factor. It looks like they want to take this to Warped Tour in the states kind of thing. As soon as Paramore or Blink are booked tickets will be stupid, ADTR I think you would get away with...they don't have such wide bases and they don't sell tours as quick. 

While you're right, they don't have as wide a fan bases as those bands, ADTR have just subbed Reading and Leeds, that will likely have elevated the fee they are now asking for.