Slam Dunk Festival 2020

Dukey

On 6/1/2019 at 9:58 AM, BeddingatReading said:

Does anyone think there’s ANY chance of SD coming back to the Midlands next year? Was really keen again this year but getting to Leeds or Hatfield is a nightmare for most people in the Midlands unless you want to spend £40 or so each on a coach and have to leave at like 9am

I would say no, they are doing the same tickets across two, as they were three. 

in its current form - I cant see blink playing … maybe adtr 

can see weezer headling ! (well that's who id like)

but can see this turning into a 2 day event like some have mentioned !

think they are aiming to get the best possible headliners afterall …

id also like to see at SDF 2020 - refused, architects, bmth, stray from the path, wss, the vandals, the wonder years, beartooth, state champs. etid, bury tomorrow 

Edited by theshapeofpunktocome123

On 6/6/2019 at 6:00 PM, Steve1000 said:

I wonder if Refused could headline the hardcore stage next year. I wouldn’t have had them down as a Slam Dunk band, but it would be sick.

Their tour was being advertised in the program and on the walls at slam dunk so they must think some of the market was at slam dunk or it’d be pointless spending money on marketing the tour at slam dunk, think it’s definitely a possibility 

5 hours ago, foolee said:

Their tour was being advertised in the program and on the walls at slam dunk so they must think some of the market was at slam dunk or it’d be pointless spending money on marketing the tour at slam dunk, think it’s definitely a possibility 

I'm big on Slam Dunk and Refused would be a name I'd be happy to see, certainly a name I'd choose as an alternative if headline was too poppy, I'd probably have chose them over NOFX too. 

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, moams said:

Blink have teased at bringing Enema of the State tour to the UK next summer. Are they too big to headline Slam Dunk or could it possibly happen?

They would still sub a major UK festival I believe, the attraction without Tom DeLong isn't there for me even he does sound shit.

• 2 weeks later...

As much as a lot of the bands on that poster are probably too big to be playing some of those slots, I would love to see a fair few of those bands on the line-up next year. Wonder whether Rancid might do Download instead, but NOFX playing will have opened the gates for them to book a lot more bands they probably wouldn't ever have booked and I think it will generate some interest for a lot of bands to play.

51 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

BMTH to headline. 

Yeah I'd predict atm BMTH with Sum 41 as a sub. I'd rather The Offspring with Sum 41 as suggested earlier mind and I could see them going for it rather than a couple of UK dates as usual and it doesn't look like Reading see the appeal in them atm and it's not like they haven't ventured back to some nastolgia rock acts.