Slam Dunk Festival 2020

Dukey

1 hour ago, Dukey said:

Going to take an early punt at:

Monster: Don Broco/Sum 41/Story So Far

Jager: While She Sleeps/Northlane/Trash Boat

Fireball: Flogging Molly

I think they can do better than Flogging Molly as the Fireball headliner though I like them. Surely they'll go bigger on the Jager again or have PiD

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Don Broco as the main headliner. 

Sum 41 and The Story So Far also appering on the main stage. 

Alexisonfire headlining the heavier stage. 

I reckon Sum 41 would headline. Like I get that Broco can do Wembley n all, but if you look at the slots they're doing this year its below bands that would struggle in Brixton, and I'd expect that Sum 41 would crossover to more Slam Dunk punters then they would.

2 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

I reckon Sum 41 would headline. Like I get that Broco can do Wembley n all, but if you look at the slots they're doing this year its below bands that would struggle in Brixton, and I'd expect that Sum 41 would crossover to more Slam Dunk punters then they would.

Think with Broco is he/they tend to do more gigs but lower down I feel rather than that one gig as exclusive.

2 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

They’ve obviously chosen to play lots of festivals this summer instead of sticking with a big slot at one. 

They subbed last time they played and they’re an arena band now. They’d definitely headline and be above Sum 41. 

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They’ve obviously chosen to play lots of festivals this summer instead of sticking with a big slot at one. 

They subbed last time they played and they’re an arena band now. They’d definitely headline and be above Sum 41. 

What’s your excuse for how low they played at R&L last year then? :P

And the fest is growing too mind. Like I did just predict them to headline but I’m starting to talk myself out of it tbh :lol:

4 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

And the fest is growing too mind. Like I did just predict them to headline but I’m starting to talk myself out of it tbh :lol:

I put it too and agree with Andre but I also think their market is maybe too closed to headline maybe?, they have their fans but outside of them are they an act people would give time to?

ATL for e.g. did a huge arena tour...they aren't that size anymore agreed but they are mainstream enough for people who aren't big fans to know and they did enough to impress a couple this year that maybe weren't bothered.

Imo, they would be more likely to headline the Jager but as a 2nd outdoor stage than the main.

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

They were low balled to fuck last year at R&L. I don’t know why but they were significantly bigger than other acts playing that position. 

There is no way they would play SD in 2020 and not headline. 

Monster: Don Broco, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, Basement, The Front Bottoms

Fireball: The Offspring, Sum 41, Reel Big Fish, Zebrahead

Jagermeister: Alexisonfire, Thrice, Frank Iero and the Future Violents, Marmozets

Dickies: The Story So Far, The Wonder Years, Pup, Citizen

Edited by BlackFoxx

28 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Monster: Don Broco, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, Basement, The Front Bottoms

Fireball: The Offspring, Sum 41, Reel Big Fish, Zebrahead

Jagermeister: Alexisonfire, Thrice, Frank Iero and the Future Violents, Marmozets

Dickies: The Story So Far, The Wonder Years, Pup, Citizen

That Fireball stage minus RBF yes please. The Monster for me would be a different level to this year and not in a good way imo, aside from that though it's not close to mainstream enough for them to book for it as far as you've probably booked the top of main stage on the Fireball stage.

2 hours ago, juneau said:

Alkaline Trio, Taking Back Sunday, The Offspring, Flogging Molly, Red City Radio, Pennywise, Goldfinger, Dropkick Murphys. 

Not exactly asking much ?

All 13 of my group said we would never go back due to the bar fiasco this year. I think all 13 of us would change our mind if they announced that lot. 

• Upvote 1

Think they might hold back Broco till 2021, wait for a new album to do well.

Think BMTH have got a chance of headlining next year as many saying they've blown their chance to headline a major festival like Download/Reading after the sales of All Points East.

Feel like they'd come across as more of an established act to headline rather than Broco, but would love to see either tbh.

1 minute ago, R Shah said:

Think BMTH have got a chance of headlining next year as many saying they've blown their chance to headline a major festival like Download/Reading after the sales of All Points East.

The funny thing is Slam Dunk's capacity is bigger than All Points East.