A little help please?

Hks98

Hey, this will be my first festival (ive never really been a fan, however im feeling it and really fancy KC this year) I was just wondering if anyone would give me a few tips. I originally thought we would stay in wolf woods, we are young and like a good party, however i have read some awful things about this part. Is there another area which is still pretty lively but doesnt sound hideous HA! Any other dos and donts would be mega helpful! 

1 minute ago, Hks98 said:

Hey, this will be my first festival (ive never really been a fan, however im feeling it and really fancy KC this year) I was just wondering if anyone would give me a few tips. I originally thought we would stay in wolf woods, we are young and like a good party, however i have read some awful things about this part. Is there another area which is still pretty lively but doesnt sound hideous HA! Any other dos and donts would be mega helpful! 

Hi... what is young?

The basic rule around choosing your camping spot in main is the further away you are the earlier you less late night party it will be but you will still get revellers strolling back at 3am and still get the odd tent having a drunken singsong at 5am! 

do's - makes friends with your tent neighbours early on wherever you choose to camp.

don'ts - camp near the toilet blocks or waterpoints

other than that have a ball, I was always the fella who swore blind you'd never get me in a tent, bought tickets in 2012 as a last resort when I couldn't think of anything to get for the wife's birthday and haven't missed one ever since!

Rob

We always camp in Great Holmes, 

Its good for access from both the car parks and the shuttle drop offs and it isn't super far from the main entrance

Our group ranges from 23-31year olds and we manage to have a party/get some sleep there!

always make friends with your camp mates - my first kendal we did and now we all go to kendal together and meet up throughout the year, best advise from @bottonrob

Kendal is a lovely festival, great size if your a first timer as everything is easily accessible and it isnt a massive arena set up like reading/leeds/download/etc. You'll love it!

• Upvote 2

On 5/28/2019 at 3:40 PM, Hks98 said:

1 hour ago, Comfy Bean said:

Widening the main stage.....?

Tell me more mate ?

their max capacity is 35k but don't think they have ever utilised this?

1 hour ago, Comfy Bean said:

Widening the main stage.....?

Tell me more mate ?

They changed the angle of the bar down the left hand side as you look at the stage. This created quite a lot of extra room here which I assume they were looking at prior to a capacity increase. I may be ready more into this than there is though.

looking at the headliners this year, I bet that Chic and The Courteeners were more expensive than last year. I assume that this will be paid for by increase capacity?

We stayed in wolf woods each time for about 6 years and it steadily got worse. The last year we stayed there was 2017 and we saw 5 people taken out by ambulance high on spice within the first 2 hours, some lads were throwing tennis balls on fire at each other and people were just jumping onto strangers tents ? the average age in that field when we stopped camping was around 18. I would personally avoid it if you can ? we stayed in emperors last year which was nice ? 

Edited by Emj