Could I take my son without ticket

Greenshed

Hi, first time poster.

This year it's just me and my wife going as a few friends had to pull out for various reasons.

This has made me think about taking my son and having a slightly different festival than normal. This is Mainly because my son is 12 so last chance to go without ticket.

My query is really, because he turns 13 on Monday 1st July. Will he be ok to go without ticket, my guess is yes because the festival officially finishes on the Sunday???

Still havnt decided to take him or not yet, if we do we will surprise him on the morning of leaving. I can't work out if he'd enjoy himself or not, he's got a pretty shocking taste in music but I'm sure he'd enjoy everything else that goes on and would be a great experience

Can't wait now,  4 weeks to go

3 minutes ago, Greenshed said:

My query is really, because he turns 13 on Monday 1st July. Will he be ok to go without ticket, my guess is yes because the festival officially finishes on the Sunday???

Yes, he'll be fine.

3 hours ago, Greenshed said:

Hi, first time poster.

This year it's just me and my wife going as a few friends had to pull out for various reasons.

This has made me think about taking my son and having a slightly different festival than normal. This is Mainly because my son is 12 so last chance to go without ticket.

Still havnt decided to take him or not yet, if we do we will surprise him on the morning of leaving. I can't work out if he'd enjoy himself or not, he's got a pretty shocking taste in music but I'm sure he'd enjoy everything else that goes on and would be a great experience

And you'd get so many brownie points for being the coolest parents ever .... but it certainly would be a different festival.

Thanks for the advice, yeah I'd have to take his passport I think, he's almost 6 foot at 12!!

I like the idea of showing him around everywhere, I'm sure he would get a massive buzz out of it.

Just got to get into my head that I'd have to tone down the usual activities.

There's always next year for that though with friends who couldn't come this year (assuming we are lucky with tickets)

yep passport is a good idea to avoid any issues. 

Remember that kids (even teenagers) can get a bit overwhelmed with the size of the festival so keep it in mind - loads of quiet places though so he'll be fine. 

have a great time :D

4 hours ago, Greenshed said:

Hi, first time poster.

What type of music is he into? What is "pretty shocking"? I have a bunch of second cousins that age but I live 15, 000 kmts away, so completely out of touch with what 12 yrs old like now. 

Edited by Gabi_says

1 hour ago, Greenshed said:

Thanks for the advice, yeah I'd have to take his passport I think, he's almost 6 foot at 12!!

I like the idea of showing him around everywhere, I'm sure he would get a massive buzz out of it.

Just got to get into my head that I'd have to tone down the usual activities.

There's always next year for that though with friends who couldn't come this year (assuming we are lucky with tickets)

If he is 6ft tall now, he will probably 6ft 2in in 4 weeks... ?

you need to get some serious festival shopping in...

get him a T-shirt that says “I’m only 12” on the back so that my wife doesn’t abuse him when he inevitably stands in front of her...

he will have a great time... (and btw, he is going to want to come next year as well...)

1 hour ago, Gabi_says said:

What type of music is he into? What is "pretty shocking"? I have a bunch of second cousins that age but I live 15, 000 kmts away, so completely out of touch with what 12 yrs old like now. 

Stuff like post Malone, the weekend etc. I'm sure he will be fine tho, wasn't going to see stormzy but will probably have to take one for the team there

i've taken both my daughters before they turned 13 and accept that it does change your festival experience. 

It is still the best experiences i've ever had with them. It's time for us to hang out and just spend time together away from work or calls or stuff that takes us away from each other in normal life.

I would recomend that you do it, its a game changer!

I wouldn’t wait until the morning you leave though... tell him the evening before and give him the opportunity to tell his mates... and have a sleepless night.

get him to help check your packing list and have his stuff in there..

Yep tell the day before in case he gets a strop on and refuses to get in the car or get up early! You could show hIm the  clashfinder and ask him  to recommend some of his favourite music - and then tell him?

• Upvote 1