Might have to give my tickets up - is it even possible?

MrPear

I went after rupturing my ACL and had cartilage in my knee joint two years ago. Took a walking stick - put battery powered fairy lights on it and everyone who saw it gave me lots of room and didn't push (and always got a big thank you). 

My mates carried most of my stuff and I just set up base at the Pyramid stage all day. Had a good time despite the limited range! I vowed if it turned into a mud bath I was going straight home though!

Heal fast! 

So sorry to hear this but having looked at the lineup this year I reckon you could probably do a more limited Glastonbury quite easily this year as there are a fair few stages I could spend all day at if I needed to. If you have friends who can help with set up and carrying stuff I'd be tempted to go and just have a more relaxing one with a chair at a stage each day. Just obviously stay a bit further back. 

1 minute ago, MrPear said:

Thanks!

Cycling - went over still clipped in and my ankle went 100 degrees to the right.

Put it this way, I had my noise cancelling headphones in and still heard the snaps!

ooooooooooooo aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh nnnooooooooo ... that aweful snapping noise ---- that sounds proper broken - need an operation ?

Saw someone else over the weekend somewhere who was Glasto bound and fell off their bike and total collarbone break. I serioulsy hope you get there somehow, a month is a long time in the healing process

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Have you got long brown hair and a beard @MrPear? ? If so let's talk! Seriously though, hope the pain is going and good luck if you're in decent enough shape to go! X

Would you not consider cutting hair and shaving beard off to get in? :-)

3 hours ago, MrPear said:

Thanks!

Cycling - went over still clipped in and my ankle went 100 degrees to the right.

Put it this way, I had my noise cancelling headphones in and still heard the snaps!

That just made me throw up in my mouth a little bit!  Was out on the bike at the weekend, hadn't even given any thought that I could end up not making it to the festival as a result!

Fingers crossed for quick recovery and a decent outcome, either a thumbs up from the surgeon or something that minimises damage to your wallet

2 hours ago, MrPear said:

Honestly guys thanks for the advice.

I'll keep you all posted on what happens over the course of the next few days!

Fingers crossed!!!

Hopefully the accessibility team can help you - you never know you might get some nifty benefits :)

2016 had left wrist a week out of a cast and my right arm in a cast having broken my ulna the Saturday before the festival, I still went.

Last year in June II had my left leg in a Taylor Spatial Frame after particularly bad fractures of tibia and fibula. Had the festival been on I would have still gone. I'd say go for it.