Driving past Worthy Farm on June 13th

MEGABOWL

Hello, this may seem an odd question but I’ll be driving from Bristol Airport to Basingstoke on June 13. If I wanted to detour past Worthy Farm just to have a look from the car where would be the best point? Obviously I know I won’t be able to get too close at that point. 

Thanks in advance.

After you’ve gone through Pilton there’s a rise up the hill and you can pull in by a gate and across the valley. You’re a fair way off though from what I remember. I was there a week before last time. Went round to Gate A as well but there wasn’t as good a view. Wish I’d known about the skate park thing mind.

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Not really the answer you were looking for but I’ve always parked up by Pilton skate park and gone for a wander. You can actually see the Pyramid after a couple of minute walk down the hill.

Cheers. Might give that a go if the kids are awake, not if he young ones still sleeping though. Not a chance I’m waking him up! ?

1 hour ago, Flysheet said:

After you’ve gone through Pilton there’s a rise up the hill and you can pull in by a gate and across the valley. You’re a fair way off though from what I remember. I was there a week before last time. Went round to Gate A as well but there wasn’t as good a view. Wish I’d known about the skate park thing mind.

2 hours ago, Barney McGrew said:

If the weather's nice, bring some bino's and head up the Tor.?

Cheers folks. One of these is what I’m after, I reckon. 

14 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Hello, this may seem an odd question but I’ll be driving from Bristol Airport to Basingstoke on June 13. If I wanted to detour past Worthy Farm just to have a look from the car where would be the best point? Obviously I know I won’t be able to get too close at that point. 

Thanks in advance.

I think this is the spot mentioned in another post.  I'm pretty sure this is where you can see over the valley to the site. 

image.thumb.png.385b75c1f21c188551cd0ac52ef41a4f.png

4 hours ago, EasyUserName said:

I think this is the spot mentioned in another post.  I'm pretty sure this is where you can see over the valley to the site. 

Fantastic thanks. I’ve just been painstakingly using Street View up that road to suss it out. Think I must have been past it many a time but I’m usually driving.

Bowermead lane in Pilton has good views of the site, just be careful not to block the road. I used to collect milk from a farm over the back of pilton and would have to go down that lane, during the festival there’s always a few people up there with binos, just don’t block the road or stay too long.

I popped to the site in April, and we parked on Hitchen Hill. You get a great view there, and with all the stages probably up by then, it'll be even better. BUT I think they might have the signs up saying "Glastonbury festival staff only" by now. Worth a try though.

12 hours ago, EasyUserName said:

image.thumb.png.385b75c1f21c188551cd0ac52ef41a4f.png

Looks about right, I had a really good view