Queue length @ gates on wednesday morning

nathy137

Hi All,

This year we are going to be staying in a B&B in Glastonbury town on Tuesday night as to avoid a scenario like 2016 (our first time!) where we were stuck in the car for 9 hours queuing, meaning that Wednesday was virtually a write off. 

So because of this my fiance is wanting to get to site in in the queue for the gates as soon as possible, and as we didn't go in 2017, how long does the queuing take roughly if we were to join in at say 6:30/7am from Gate A? I know this is how long is a piece of a string but a rough idea would be nice, just to be prepared for the queuing. :) 

I think a lot of it is down to luck depending on which car park you end up in. Last time for gate A they were holding different queues for different car parks to prevent congestion by the gates. Then it depends on luck which queue they let in first.  If you time it right and visit the toilet just before they start letting the queues go and come out just in time to join a different moving queue it isn’t too bad. I happened to do this in 2017 by luck.  Probably impossible to do if you try to do.

Like most things don’t get stressed about it just accept it and start a party in which ever queue you end up in.  Start talking to people around you and share drinks and snacks and stories.  But don’t open a slab of beer unless you will finish it. You’ll end up leaving a breadcrumb trail of cans all the way to your tent.

As others have said it changes year on year. Dependant on a variety of factors and can vary gate by gate. 

2016  (I think) gate A no queues at all due to  very wet weather, 2017 gate A huge queues from car park as coach arrivals given priority.

Also nearly impossible to be sure which car park and gate you will end up at unless you arrive by coach, bike have disabled blue badge or hospitality tickets. 

13 hours ago, nathy137 said:

Hi All,

This year we are going to be staying in a B&B in Glastonbury town on Tuesday night as to avoid a scenario like 2016 (our first time!) where we were stuck in the car for 9 hours queuing, meaning that Wednesday was virtually a write off. 

So because of this my fiance is wanting to get to site in in the queue for the gates as soon as possible, and as we didn't go in 2017, how long does the queuing take roughly if we were to join in at say 6:30/7am from Gate A? I know this is how long is a piece of a string but a rough idea would be nice, just to be prepared for the queuing. :) 

Out of curiosity, which B&B are staying in?

1 hour ago, nathy137 said:

Thanks for all the replies, you've all comfirmed what I sort of expected so that's fine, as Tarw said we'll just have to start a party in the queue to keep us occupied :lol:

Just take water and sun cream should it be like 2017. Queue took a few casualties.

Hi all. After seeing the queue madness in the news for a festival in Essex this week, it got me thinking about queues at Glastonbury. 

This is my first time, I am arriving by train on the Wednesday around midday. Not sure how it works when we get off, will there be a gate that all train arrivals go to? Anyone have an estimation of how bad queues will be at that time? 

Thank you!

No help but I’ve been to that festival in question before and it was no different then. Mostly vile punters and security alike. Like yesterday it was sunny day and we must have been in the queue for a good couple of hours. There seemed no reason for it other than bad planning and organisation and the security seemed to almost revel in holding people back. Certainly won’t be going back, ever.

2 hours ago, TJGthree said:

Hi all. After seeing the queue madness in the news for a festival in Essex this week, it got me thinking about queues at Glastonbury. 

This is my first time, I am arriving by train on the Wednesday around midday. Not sure how it works when we get off, will there be a gate that all train arrivals go to? Anyone have an estimation of how bad queues will be at that time? 

Thank you!

Theres  shuttle buses to take you from the train station to festival gate A, which is for all arrivals by coach/train. Queues in from there are dependant on how many coaches have turned up in the last 30 minutes but typically they move quite quickly so I wouldn't worry about queuing for too long!