Free APE tickets via O2

MrHew

1 hour ago, K2SO said:

Bit annoying, seeing as we paid £130 for a pair of tickets for Christine and the Queens. Definitely won't bother buying a ticket next year 

Unless I was absolutely desperate to see whoever was on I’d never pay full price for any of these gigs. You can usually pick up cheaper tickets close to the day.

Was at the strokes last night and sound really wasn’t great. Such a shame as last year I really was taken a back by how good it was, especially as it takes up a relatively short area of the park. 

Sadly I’d guess the sound issues are likely to do with the residents. I’m local myself and the event committee get a lot of complaints about sound, and if you go on one of the local FB pages “Victoria park friends” it’s still much the same, with most just wanting it shut down altogether just to be able to use all the park.  It’s a real shame because it’s already put a lot of money back into the park. 

It also seems to be the case that they have major trouble guaging the volumes - apparently just over the a12 in Hackney wick it registers as louder than in the actual event. 

11 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

Hey guys, 

If anyone has a spare code for Bon Iver for 2 tickets, I would appreciate it massively :)

Thanks so much. 

Have messaged you, you can have my code as I'll be in Madrid

On 5/26/2019 at 10:53 AM, Hugh Jass said:

Unless I was absolutely desperate to see whoever was on I’d never pay full price for any of these gigs. You can usually pick up cheaper tickets close to the day.

Chris is my girlfriend's absolute favourite, so we didn't want to chance it. Luckily, someone split the price of our spares with us, so we all paid £30

Was at Christine and the Queens APE last night and it was dire compared to her tour - nothing to do with her of course. Sound was terrible, crowd was completely disinterested and it has the atmosphere of a cricket match. I think you could tell a lot of people had got free tickets and didn’t have clue who she was. Shame. Still can’t wait to see her at Glasto though

27 minutes ago, fionajm777 said:

Was at Christine and the Queens APE last night and it was dire compared to her tour - nothing to do with her of course. Sound was terrible, crowd was completely disinterested and it has the atmosphere of a cricket match. I think you could tell a lot of people had got free tickets and didn’t have clue who she was. Shame. Still can’t wait to see her at Glasto though

The crowd was shit to be fair, we moved a few times to avoid the noisier pockets. The sound seemed to be great in some spots and shit in others. I still really enjoyed it though, she was incredible.

All Points East are really not coming out of all this well though, are they?

8 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

The crowd was shit to be fair, we moved a few times to avoid the noisier pockets. The sound seemed to be great in some spots and shit in others. I still really enjoyed it though, she was incredible.

All Points East are really not coming out of all this well though, are they?

Absolutely not, hammered on social media and in quite a few newspapers. Asking people to e-mail in off the back of The Strokes and they'll respond this week. Not anticipating a refund but we'll see. Still feel so short changed and gutted, tempted to one of the European festivals they're doing

Surprised by all the APE hate, thought it was miles better planned than Queens at Finsbury. Sound was decent if you were near a speaker. Barely queued for a beer or piss. Got in and out with ease. Great line up. No issues on this guys part.

On 5/25/2019 at 1:32 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Mumford is back up, just got a pair. I have no interest in seeing them but can hopefully catch Dizzee, Vaccines, Jade Bird and Sam Fender before dashing off to watch the CL Final.

Literally doing this as well. Know anywhere close that'll be showing it? Saw the Royal Inn on the Park but guessing it'll be rammed.

25 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Surprised by all the APE hate, thought it was miles better planned than Queens at Finsbury. Sound was decent if you were near a speaker. Barely queued for a beer or piss. Got in and out with ease. Great line up. No issues on this guys part.

I dont disagree with you. I actually thought it was pretty organised and well set up. But i paid £70 to see a band I really love, not to have a piss in a clean portaloo. Im sue I would feel different if I had got a free ticket and just went along for a casual cheap day out ?

3 minutes ago, fionajm777 said:

I dont disagree with you. I actually thought it was pretty organised and well set up. But i paid £70 to see a band I really love, not to have a piss in a clean portaloo. Im sue I would feel different if I had got a free ticket and just went along for a casual cheap day out ?

In general I agree I think the set up and facilities are great. Enjoyed two days there last year and was having a great time on Saturday until the Strokes but someone screwed up the sound so badly I couldn’t hear. We were in the same place for The Raconteurs and it sounded fine so it was clearly human error but such a shame when that is the whole reason I paid £70. I’ve also heard so many negative things about how The Stokes cant be arsed any more but they looked to be on great form we just couldn’t hear it. 

On 5/25/2019 at 1:43 PM, jyoung said:

If anybody isn't on O2 but would like two free tickets for Bon Iver, let me know.

@Guy Incognito you helped me out with presale for Apollo last year, do you need tickets for All Points East?

Only just seen this! Thanks for the offer mate but don't think i'll be needing any APE tickets this year. Cheers again though!!

Have to say C&TQ killed it from where we were (side on & just past halfway up the catwalk that went from the stage into the crowd). We did have to move a couple of times to get decent spot though! Good sound & nice crowd all dancey & not chatting idiots so maybe we got lucky!