Free APE tickets via O2

MrHew

Just got a message from a mate: 

O2 are giving away free all points east tickets and my mum is on O2, so just got 2 free tickets for next Friday and Sunday!

It's  through O2 priority. Thought some of you might be interested.

Edited by MrHew
  • Upvote 1

Just looked it up on the o2 app, jesus! If I lived in London I'd be all over that. Currently trekking down to the big smoke for the only one that sold out (and the one most people assumed would have to give all its tickets away). Does have the best line up, shame I have to miss so many good bands (particularly Interpol who's recent EP is fire).

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

What would be the reason for these gigs not selling well?  The line ups?  Cost?  Competition in London?

Lineups aren’t exactly full of rare or particularly thrilling acts - all have toured here over the past year or so. Also Champions League final is next Saturday so perhaps putting people off committing to these shows.

30 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Rough for folks who paid full price. Guess tickets aren't shifting and they just want bodies in now to at least get the concession stands turning over.

Really should get myself an O2 payg sim.

Definitely recommend being on O2 for the gig related benefits! I use priority loads.

It's silly really because if they made the tickets a bit cheaper in the first place they'd surely shift more?

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Currently trekking down to the big smoke for the only one that sold out (and the one most people assumed would have to give all its tickets away).

No way. Who was thinking that?

27 minutes ago, Riggins said:

Interesting to see if they can it after this year.

I don’t think they’d do these offers if they were canning it. I know there’s the benefit of getting people in to buy drinks but more so it’s a marketing strategy to introduce people to the festival, and AEG can afford to run this at something of a loss for a while until it’s more of a well known event.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

No way. Who was thinking that?

I just saw it a fair bit here and other places, think its coz of when they played BST. People round here might have been over exaggerating when arguing they cant helping Glasto as well.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Mumford is back up, just got a pair. I have no interest in seeing them but can hopefully catch Dizzee, Vaccines, Jade Bird and Sam Fender before dashing off to watch the CL Final.

I think thou doth protest too much, if you want to see Mumfords you can always go incognito, a tweed jacket with elbow patches should do the trick.