Cooperman83

Full lineup today. . . .

36 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

I'm 99% confident the lineup will drop on Wednesday.

That's fairly confident. Where does this info come from?

11 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

A specific act’s announcement embargo.

The Strokes?

1 minute ago, Ashl said:

The Strokes?

Ha! No. I meant an embargo imposed by Glasto, not an embargo imposed because of contractual commitments elsewhere. I could have interpreted the info wrong but I’m fairly sure I haven’t. I guess we’ll see on Wednesday.

30 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Ha! No. I meant an embargo imposed by Glasto, not an embargo imposed because of contractual commitments elsewhere. I could have interpreted the info wrong but I’m fairly sure I haven’t. I guess we’ll see on Wednesday.

Monday..... Off

Tuesday..... Off

Wednesday..... Off but day out with the family planned

Thursday and Friday.... Work but all the bosses are off.

Yep, Wednesday it is!

17 minutes ago, sisco said:

Monday..... Off

Tuesday..... Off

Wednesday..... Off but day out with the family planned

Thursday and Friday.... Work but all the bosses are off.

Yep, Wednesday it is!

Yeah going along with this Wednesday is the only day I’m in work too!

55 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

You best be right...

leek_and_stilton_quiche_08524_16x9.jpg

1 hour ago, Justiceforcedave said:

A specific act’s announcement embargo.

Could it be that Wednesday is they day they can discuss it? Tuesday after the bank holiday is the norm, so could the embargo be the day after this to allow for Glasto to release it at a time they want?

Just now, Bovla said:

Could it be that Wednesday is they day they can discuss it? Tuesday after the bank holiday is the norm, so could the embargo be the day after this to allow for Glasto to release it at a time they want?

I like this thinking.... I’m all in

11 hours ago, Bovla said:

You don’t embargo something just to a specific day it has to have a time as well. 

If GF announce at 11am on Tuesday then embargo bands until Wednesday then no bands can say they are playing till Wednesday. 

If it’s true the line up is coming Wednesday unless the embargo is just for a stage. 

56 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Block 9 today will nicely line us up for full thing on wednesday 🙂

Have these dates been confirmed or just an estimate?

1 minute ago, deadpheasant said:

I believe @Justiceforcedave had some info we would get a full line up on Wednesday so we’re going off that.

7 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Block 9 is confirmed I believe ...they were supposed to drop last week, but delayed for various reasons until today - according to @Ddiamondd who seems very in the know 🙂

Wednesday seems like an estimate based on band's embargos....and would seem to fit with what we've expected for ages. 

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Can somebody remind me, when the full lineup is released, do they also confirm set times? 

I thought so....I'm sure I can remember making a timed plan with the times on my birthday in 2017 (31st May). Plus the times are with the app, which is apparently also out this week. But I saw a worrying FB comment on Arcadia's Facebook page where someone asked when the lineup would be announced, and they replied "about a week before gates open"

A week?!?!

Edited by Sasperella

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Can somebody remind me, when the full lineup is released, do they also confirm set times? 

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I thought so....I'm sure I can remember making a timed plan with the times on my birthday in 2017 (31st May). Plus the times are with the app, which is apparently also out this week. But I saw a worrying FB comment on Arcadia's Facebook page where someone asked when the lineup would be announced, and they replied "about a week before gates open"

A week?!?!

Workers are on site next week... 🤣 Surely it wouldn't be that late?

When the full line up drops you get it all on the website don't you? Times/stages etc. I can't remember if you get another poster...

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Block 9 today will nicely line us up for full thing on wednesday 🙂

I’m still buzzing after Arcadia announcement, Block9 today would do me in! Bring it on!

Edited by Jay89

31 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

A week?!?!

Yeah, I think Arcadia Facebook may have got that one wrong and that's a great point about the app. I think we're in for an exciting week of announcements, culminating in Friday's 6music show with Emily. 

I need those set times though, I need to figure out all of the acts I'm going to miss! 😭😂

36 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Not always. My money is on us getting the full poster this week with set times a couple of weeks later.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not always. My money is on us getting the full poster this week with set times a couple of weeks later.

According to the thingy (all hail!), the full lineup has come with times ever since 2014 so it's probably likely we'll get the lot.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Both together has been the model for some time now. I can’t see them changing that. It’s such a beautiful, unwieldy beast. And I need it badly. 

Ben

33 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

According to the thingy (all hail!), the full lineup has come with times ever since 2014 so it's probably likely we'll get the lot.

That would be really annoying as now is the time to work out what's clashing and start focusing your listening a bit towards the things you are more likely to see.