Full lineup today. . . .

Cooperman83

2 hours ago, Woffy said:

FFS. 

All day at Peppa Pig World with barely any phone signal. 

Get home, see this thread and...no line up. 

When my daughter first told me about Peppa Pig I thought she had a stammer...

I'm here all week!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jyoung said:

True but I wouldn't give much clout to that 'bit of info' given he already said a) it wasn't from anyone with a track record and b) it was from someone who "heard word via a mate of Foals management"

Hardly the most believable, I mean, I could start that rumour. I could be wrong of course but I think there are Foals fans on here and it's a glimmer of hope to cling to. Saying Tame Impala moved to Sunday so that Foals could play Friday even though their site says Friday and Foals have an entire weekend free anyway? I don't know.

As I said though, maybe I'm completely wrong. 

Neither did he, I’m just saying that it isn’t people pulling it out of thin air. There is something pointing in that direction.

8 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I dunno, if the Orbital info is true then I can't see them playing any other day than Sunday (Firday clash with Hopkins and Saturday clash with Chems would both be very weird bookings).

You could list loads of other similar clashes throughout the weekend.  Not even sure what the orbital info was now? 

Need to find that Mike Skinner interview when he mentioned the Rum shack.

59 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He'll be there all weekend I'm sure. I'd actually argue that Mike's less likely to headline a stage that night if he's doing a two-hour DJ set less than a couple of hours later. But I wouldn't argue it vehemently - he's not Paul McCartney.

I’d be absolutely amazed if The Streets weren’t Sunday.

I don’t think he’s the type to stick around for the weekend anymore and he’s Dj’d an afterparty after pretty much every gig since the return.

In 2016 he Dj’d twice in one day I think and then in 2017 he was pretty much in and out.

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Where's the line up??

Time is a concept for which we cannot hope to fathom. Today is tomorrow, and tomorrow is in the past. Eventually the line-up will be announced... but probably not today, but if today is actually tomorrow, is today therefore up for debate?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jyoung said:

Tame Impala's website says Friday. Not meaning to sound rude but I think people are just clutching at straws and shuffling things about to make it work with what they want to happen, trying to convince themselves of other possibilities sort of thing.

the idea of TI on Sunday originates from someone randomly telling me that Foals are headlining Other on Friday - so it's not about "shuffling things about to make it work with what they want to happen".

There's probably nothing in what i was told - because TI's website says Friday - but the geezer said it came (via a mate) from Foals management.

I just meant because it is a band people want to see, they are more inclined to ignore the Tame Impala website etc and think, well, they could be playing Sunday. If it was a band in mention that people weren't bothered about, they'd probably be saying 'oh it's not possible Tame Impala are playing Friday'

But yeah we'll see.

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

I just meant because it is a band people want to see, they are more inclined to ignore the Tame Impala website etc and think, well, they could be playing Sunday. If it was a band in mention that people weren't bothered about, they'd probably be saying 'oh it's not possible Tame Impala are playing Friday'

But yeah we'll see.

The fact that Tame’s website says Friday (and all their other performances are correct on there) plus Neil has 2 bits of info saying Foals are Saturday, well I’m pretty sure the whole Foals/Friday thing is wrong. 

Is this what we have so far for the main headers?

Stormzy, Tame Impala, Cat Power, Jon Hopkins + JP Header

The Killers, Chemical Brothers, Hot Chip, Wu Tang Clan + JP Header

The Cure, Rex Orange Country, Janelle Monae, The Streets??, + Other Header (Vampire Weekend, C+TQ or someone unannounced)

5 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Who is anticipated to be the JP Friday headliner? Orbital? Could that not be The Streets?

Don’t think there’s any idea about any of the JP headliners.  (Barring this new found faith that the streets are doing it)

Orbital would be amazing but will just be a clash! Would still love em to be there though. 

I really hope The Streets aren't headlining for the selfish reason that I really want to see them and that means I probably won't. Where did that info come from? I could see Streets being on Other I guess? Too small for Other sub?

12 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Orbital would be amazing but will just be a clash! Would still love em to be there though. 

I really hope The Streets aren't headlining for the selfish reason that I really want to see them and that means I probably won't. Where did that info come from? I could see Streets being on Other I guess? Too small for Other sub?

Oddly we all thought The Streets could be an other headliner this year and then when the poster came out changed our minds to JP.  Guess they could still sub it.