Full lineup today. . . .

Cooperman83

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

No I don’t think so. There’s no real ‘event’ of releasing the stage times. What can they really do for it? She could just as easily be talking about acts that were announced days prior, or keeping tight lipped about acts to be announced a few days later.

I know just saying I think its possible... "talking about the release that morning..." "about what new acts have been announced.."

More than likely it will be about the new features but... a friday full lineup release before areas like Bloc 9 is unprecedented is it not?  My guess is Thursday 30th... with other areas announced before that. 

Either way I just want the full lineup please :D

So nothing yet, just took a walk up a hill for the last two hours, reacquainting my self with the cure listening to their best of,  hoping to return to find that something had transpired! Ach well, looks like next week, just watched the news there, looks like no full line up yet has driven Teresa May to tears.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

No I don’t think so. There’s no real ‘event’ of releasing the stage times. What can they really do for it? She could just as easily be talking about acts that were announced days prior, or keeping tight lipped about acts to be announced a few days later.

No but she'll be announcing some of the big names left to announce on Pyramid, Other and John Peel and possibly confirming who is playing what days for sub headliners and headliners as there are a few we still don't know for certain. 

13 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

No but she'll be announcing some of the big names left to announce on Pyramid, Other and John Peel and possibly confirming who is playing what days for sub headliners and headliners as there are a few we still don't know for certain. 

That doesn’t seem like something that'd happen.

I think every time Emily’s spoken about the lineup in interview it’s a brief thing about a couple of acts, amongst lots of other chatter about the festival in general and new areas and behind the scenes work. I don’t see why they’d sync up the full stage split announcement with a radio interview like she’s gonna be listing out names and slots.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think every time Emily’s spoken about the lineup in interview it’s a brief thing about a couple of acts, amongst lots of other chatter about the festival in general and new areas and behind the scenes work. I don’t see why they’d sync up the full stage split announcement with a radio interview like she’s gonna be listing out names and slots.

I'm sure in I think it was 2014 the full line up coincided with an evening interview on Radio 1. I didn't hear it as I was going to a gig but remember poring over the line up before the gig. 

Also, there has been a few changes to the way that things are done already this year. I just think it fits with the timings etc. If we get it earlier I am more than happy to be proved wrong. :D 

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I can just imagine Emily reading the full lineup with stages and times on the radio like it's the football scores. Riveting stuff.

14 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I'm sure in I think it was 2014 the full line up coincided with an evening interview on Radio 1. I didn't hear it as I was going to a gig but remember poring over the line up before the gig. 

Also, there has been a few changes to the way that things are done already this year. I just think it fits with the timings etc. If we get it earlier I am more than happy to be proved wrong. :D 

2013. Zane Lowe got to open his evening show with the Stones/Arctics/Mumfords.

It was a cool moment. The news finished and he said something like ‘and your first Glastonbury headliner is’, then the opening bars of ‘Satisfaction ‘ had me jumping round my living room.

Edited by MEGABOWL
More

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I can just imagine Emily reading the full lineup with stages and times on the radio like it's the football scores. Riveting stuff.

Back in my Leeds going youth I remember having to suffer dickhead radio 1 presenters drawing out announcements act by acts. Distinctly recall at least one Latitude doing this as well bocos I was there waiting with baited breath for Portishead and euphoric when they were announced.

1 minute ago, MEGABOWL said:

2013. Zane Lowe got to open his evening show with the Stones/Arctics/Mumfords

That'll be the one. Shows how much that I listened to Radio 1 that I couldn't even remember his name. Don't think it'll be stage by stage announcements just a the line up is out now. Here's the big new names so presumably the other stage headliner and any other relatively big names that have been added to the line up that a 6 Music audience would be interested in like possibly Suede, Foals, Placebo. Maybe a bit more info about Arcadia and Block 9's significant changes. 

15 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Back in my Leeds going youth I remember having to suffer dickhead radio 1 presenters drawing out announcements act by acts. Distinctly recall at least one Latitude doing this as well bocos I was there waiting with baited breath for Portishead and euphoric when they were announced.

Ha! I absolutely remember listening to that exact Latitude announcement as well. It was Lauren, wasn't it? They had an interview with Portishead after the announcement IIRC.