Recommend me some hidden gems

stuartbert two hats

1 hour ago, buddiepaul said:

The little area by Bella's Bridge is worth stopping for a (at least) few minutes.  Crooner's Corner I think it is called.  There are some good singers there and worth supporting the lesser populated areas of the festival.

Ah I always seem to see the same guy there - a Frank Sinatra type guy - brilliant stuff.  

So I spent a few hours last night sifting through YouTube for live sets of bands I hadn’t heard of before...

I’ve committed the following to my Clashfinder for Friday, hopefully I get to see most of them.

12:30 – 13:30, The Other Stage
Genre: Indie pop, Soul music, Alternative dance

One of those performers who controls the stage with a huge amount of energy. She played in 2016 and jumped in to the crowd and sang among them. Looks like a great way to kick off the weekend

Georgia
14:00 – 14:45, Park Stage
Genre: Dance/Electro, Electropop

A solo act played on drum pads, synths and plenty of other musical toys topped off with great voice. Bit of a cool 80’s electro vibe going on here

Tankus The Henge
14:15 – 15:10, Avalon Stage
Genre: Rock n’ Roll… ish?

They ooze energy and have plenty of songs that make you want to sing along. Your quintessential entertainers and they’ve also got a Trombone, Saxophone & Piano so whats not to like

Elephant Sessions
15:40 – 16:35, Avalon Stage
Genre: Rock meets Folk

Fronted with a mandolin and a fiddle, their music is infectious not to mentioned they’re also fantastic musicians.

Aurora
19:30 – 20:30, John Peel Stage
Genre: Electropop, Folktonica(?), Synth-pop

Having never heard of her before, I can’t help but feel Aurora might be one of those performers I leave Glastonbury telling people about (this happened with Sigrid after Glasto ’17). Something tells me I might be late to party with this one though!

Edited by LostHorizon

Not sure if they've already been mentioned in this thread but Fontaines DC are brilliant! Only discovered them after seeing them on the lineup. Their debut album only came out in April... A rock/punk sort of vibe and a strong Dublin accent. Playing two or three times over the weekend too. A must see for me now.

8 minutes ago, Graf21 said:

Not sure if they've already been mentioned in this thread but Fontaines DC are brilliant! Only discovered them after seeing them on the lineup. Their debut album only came out in April... A rock/punk sort of vibe and a strong Dublin accent. Playing two or three times over the weekend too. A must see for me now.

Available to watch in a 2-4-1 deal with Snapped Ankles who precede them in the WG tent on Sat.

thanks for thread been lurking on here a while and appreciate the regulars haha, sometimes on paper you think this will def be my must see/highlight but as we know this is often not the case and part of the reason we all love it so :) will have a listen to some recommendations on here I'm seriously behind on planning this year but still can't wait......

4 hours ago, LostHorizon said:

Elephant Sessions
15:40 – 16:35, Avalon Stage
Genre: Rock meets Folk

Fronted with a mandolin and a fiddle, their music is infectious not to mentioned they’re also fantastic musicians.

They’re superb live, I saw them play a festival last September and the crowd went wild with the energy of the set. They are gaining a strong reputation as a live act, an Australian promoter wanted them for his festival and said name your price, but they were already touring here & the US around that time so they quoted a sizeable five figure fee as a joke, and he booked them. 

Edited by Avalon_Fields

On 5/23/2019 at 9:43 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Anything with more electronic elements? 

Try Snapped Ankles, look and sound interesting and playing several sets. And SK Shlomo perhaps. She Drew The Gun aren’t particularly electronic but will be worth a look (I’m 60 so probably not age!)

Edited by Bexdad1

On 5/23/2019 at 10:49 AM, Ddiamondd said:

Rosalia is electronic pop done right, it's like Spanish flamenco vs The Neptunes

I second this! I just saw her at primavera sound and she put on such a great show!

Also, same stage/same day as la Rosalia are Pond (they'll be serving up some sick aussie psych rock):