Recommend me some hidden gems

stuartbert two hats

Some of these have been picked up already:

On the electro poppy side of things - Shura, Sigrid, She Drew the Gun

Singer songwriter type - Soak

Ibibio Sound Machine - bit of UK Afrobeat

My Baby - God knows what to class them as. Dutch blues / rock / freakout

Davos - does piano led-remixes of house classics, be a nice way to ease into Sunday morning

Dancey stuff - Leon Vynehall, George Fitzgerald

Edited by Quark

On 5/23/2019 at 6:26 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

You're in for a treat! Lovely little tent in a nice part of the Green Fields. Usually associate it with more folky stuff but they do have a range of other stuff as well this year (playlist).

All solar powered as well I believe? Saw Michael eavis doing a singsong in there 2016

Mentioned these in the surprise thread, but Eyre Llew are worth checking out if you're about early, 11am on John Peel. Massive sounding post-rock, caught em live a few times and they're really really good. Also playing the Earache stage at 4am as the sun comes up on the Monday, could be a real moment to end the weekend.

Edited by y0ungtitan

I am really liking the sound of Ama Lou, Park Stage Saturday....

In fact, if Doves get the TBA slot in the afternoon i will actually stay there all day....!

Mattiel, Love Unlimited Synth Orchestra, Kurt Vile, Kate Tempest... and of course Hot Chip.. (i will have to go for a curry during Sons of Kemet mind....)

On 5/31/2019 at 11:00 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Im just listening to the Amyl and the Sniffers album.

If you like riff heavy 70s sounding punk, it's for you. Short tunes, to the point. 

NME recently named them best live act in the world right now. Definitely on my list! Fantastic album too.