Recommend me some hidden gems

stuartbert two hats

10 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm starting to think that you might quite like those two...

if i wasn't paying to watch them , they woudl have a restraining order out on me by now.

5 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Yeah that is tempting.  I've not seen Cattaneo in a very long time.  Warren is hard to miss at the Glade though!

Totally love Nick Warren, it is something i won't miss

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't know whether it's my age, the fallow year making me out of touch, or whether we genuinely have a weak line-up this year, but I'm struggling to find many new acts to go and see this year.  I've got Jon Hopkins, Chemical Brothers and Kate Tempest on my list, all of which I've seen in some form at Glastonbury already.  IDLES and The Coming Is Coming are the only new (to me) acts that have really caught my interest this year.

Can you help me uncover some new music in the line up announced so far?  Someone I might not have heard of or considered before?  Have you discovered anyone in the run up to this year's festival?

Flamingods are a sort of psycadelic rock band from Bahrain they are brilliant. Their new album levitation is great and well worth a listen. They are playing at the HMS sweet charity in the park, played in 2017 at about 1am so anticipating the same!

1 hour ago, Gingerfish79 said:

I cant wait to see Fontaines DC for the first time. Seems they will be on several stages.

I'd recommend a small intimate stage if you can however it may be a little busy! Doing the Rabbit Hole which could be insanely crowded. 

Georgia up on the park stage. 

One that hasn't been announced yet but I'm convinced will be on the full lineup drop are Elder Island. Band from Bristol that's just released their first album with no other shows on around 'bury. Surely nailed on to be there? Been listening to them on repeat all year. 

13 minutes ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

Another Maribou State vote from me !

Never heard of them until they were suggested on this forum, now can’t wait to see them on West Holts 

I have discovered so much music from suggestions on here, love this place.

Charm x

...Bumping this to say ta for the recommendations :) On first inspection the line-up was feeling a bit top-heavy for me (or my assumptions about various artists' timeslots has been a bit 'out'), but via this thread I've picked up a few good tips to more than fill up some of my daytime gaps. Particularly gutted about Ibibio Sound Machine's billing at Avalon now adding to Saturday night clash-o-rama for me though!