Your 5 Must Sees

deadpheasant

9 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Bless her, she's worried that nobody will turn up when I was chatting to her on Instagram. I think it'll get busy once she's started as she'll attract people's attention given there will be a lit of people milling around. Hopefully will be a pre set lull. Rumshack is quite a small venue though so will get there a bit before and...drink rum. IIRC, they do some smashingly strong cocktails too.

Did she? Fucking hell, did you tell her it’ll be rammed in no time? I can’t think of a better start (esp. for a Wednesday)! 

And yeah, Rumshack isn’t large. How many people do you reckon it holds?

And, and, and: is it definitely her beatboxing? Cos she’s got a few singles out now IIRC. 

2 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Yes mate, when am I ever going to see Janet Jackson or Miley Cyrus again?

Also, I've been lucky enough to tick off so many acts on the lineup already.   Acts like The Cure, Liam G, Idles etc I've seen multiple times over the years so aren't "must sees" for me this time around.

I wil lend up seeing a couple of them myself as unlikely to all clash with the bands i want to see 

50 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Bless her, she's worried that nobody will turn up when I was chatting to her on Instagram. I think it'll get busy once she's started as she'll attract people's attention given there will be a lit of people milling around. Hopefully will be a pre set lull. Rumshack is quite a small venue though so will get there a bit before and...drink rum. IIRC, they do some smashingly strong cocktails too.

If you are only half decent and playing on Wednesday you'll get a mega crowd. There isn't as much on so people gravitate to anything that is on. She'll get a bigger crowd than if she was playing the festival proper. 

I've only really got the Chemical Brothers and the Cure. Quite happy about it to be honest, will just see where the day takes me when I'm there. Think I'm gonna hit SE corner early instead of headliners on Friday, or maybe check out Pangea.

1 minute ago, mazola said:

I've only really got the Chemical Brothers and the Cure. Quite happy about it to be honest, will just see where the day takes me when I'm there. Think I'm gonna hit SE corner early instead of headliners on Friday, or maybe check out Pangea.

How about starting at Jon Hopkins at West Holts, then if you're not feeling it it's an easy route into SEC? 

Purely basing that on your Chems vote... 

43 minutes ago, Woffy said:

And yeah, Rumshack isn’t large. How many people do you reckon it holds?

And, and, and: is it definitely her beatboxing? Cos she’s got a few singles out now IIRC. 

I imagine the set will be like this... her using her loop stations, etc for songs and singing with it

Can't remember the rough capacity. I know it feels deceptively wide as one long side is open outwards.

When she did her single release the other week, she had a couple of people with her

12 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

How about starting at Jon Hopkins at West Holts, then if you're not feeling it it's an easy route into SEC? 

Purely basing that on your Chems vote... 

Yeah, maybe. I've never seen him and heard good things, but I always had him down as more sort of mellow and vibey. I want bangers on a Friday night.

4 minutes ago, mazola said:

Yeah, maybe. I've never seen him and heard good things, but I always had him down as more sort of mellow and vibey. I want bangers on a Friday night.

Having seen him a couple of months ago, mellow is not how I'd describe him. It's big, and it's gonna be amazing. Admittedly not what you might think of as bangers. 

Paging @bennyhana22

Edit: actually, scrap what I said about bangers. I've got the set from Leeds on that I saw and it's big! 

Edited by zeppelin
Clarification about bangers!

13 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Having seen him a couple of months ago, mellow is not how I'd describe him. It's big, and it's gonna be amazing. Admittedly not what you might think of as bangers. 

Paging @bennyhana22

I'll give Singularity another go, I've listened to it a couple of times but to be honest it was just on in the background, I wasn't really paying attention.

32 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Paging @bennyhana22

Edit: actually, scrap what I said about bangers. I've got the set from Leeds on that I saw and it's big! 

On that stage, at that time of night, in that place, I guarantee that anyone who likes electronic/dance music will be blown away by Jon Hopkins. It is going to be one of those sets...

Ben

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

Ah man, I love Jopkins, but also think Stormzy might be amazing too. Really in a bind here, no idea

Same. And to add some complications, the majority of my mates are super keen on Tame Iampala. I don't think Fri night is a great time for T.I, but I do like spending the headliner with a crew....and then herd them into the SE Corner

Reckon I'm gonna end up deciding on the night

Kylie - her biggest fan when I was 8

snow patrol - for the belting out of songs I know the words to (haven’t heard of most of the line up)

chemicals - hey boy lol

sigrid - thought her first song was great, the beats going through it remind me of ‘running up the hill’

the pick for the last spot would have been CATQ but think I’d have to say Billie Eilish these days

Shit balls....all this chat about Maribou State have made me realise I have a very tight turnaround of:

Maribou state (WH) -- IDLES (Park) -- Michael Kiwanuka (Park) -- Hopkins (probs) (WH)

Basically involves no travel time. How long is it between both stages???

Also based on poster position of IDLES and assuming 6pm info actually means 8pm. But of a shitter....6pm would have been better!!!