Your 5 Must Sees

deadpheasant

Lizzo

The Cure/Janelle (this choice is killing me, from reading the thread glad i'm not the only one)

Acid Mothers Temple

Idles (on the Truth stage, hopefully late into the night)

Jon Hopkins

Weirdly not that many must sees for me this year, but going to be a festival of discovery, and that's no bad thing!

1 hour ago, matichin said:

The Cure/Janelle (this choice is killing me, from reading the thread glad i'm not the only one)

I've just put on a Cure concert and they do have some songs that I really would love to see live. It's going to be so tough. 

1 hour ago, Kinkyinuit said:

1. Jon Hopkins - this will come as no surprise to anyone. The only thing that could scupper this is that Frank Turner is playing Avalon at roughly the same time and he is more up Mrs kinky's street. I'm hoping the group dynamics at the time will allow me to see hoppo without it causing a problem  (it's her first glasto and all).

2. Kate tempest - always a festival highlight. I'm planning to see the chems after so it's an easy jaunt from the park to the other stage but also leaves the door open for Hot Chip.

3. Gojira/Venom prison - I heard from the guy who runs the management company of venom prison that they are supporting Gojira so am aiming to catch them both if that is true and doesn't interfere with other must sees

4. Elvana - elvis fronted nirvana? Yes please. Let's hope that they have a late slot 

5. The Cure/Janelle Monae - this is a difficult one. Both I really want to see so it really depends on how I'm feeling at the time

And whatever is on Arcadia. Usually a good 80% of the line up is me all over

Hadn't heard of Elvana before, but want to see them now based on that description. 

35 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I've just put on a Cure concert and they do have some songs that I really would love to see live. It's going to be so tough. 

I've seen Janelle before, by my lady hasn't, and she's very good live and surely has only got better. However The Cure are on my never seen live list, and don't want to see a full three hour, full album setlist from them so a festival friendly set is my preference. 

There is no winning.

3 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Useless top of the page, let me balance it out with another rec: Steam Down.

Not many videos going of them but its one of London's best jazz/soul/Afrofuturist astral travelling nights. Will be pure energy up on The Park with the right crowd and weather. Could be a top 5 "give it a go, come away dazzled" pick.

https://thevinylfactory.com/features/steam-down-orchestra-london-interview/

SOLD 

4 minutes ago, matichin said:

I've seen Janelle before, by my lady hasn't, and she's very good live and surely has only got better. However The Cure are on my never seen live list, and don't want to see a full three hour, full album setlist from them so a festival friendly set is my preference. 

There is no winning.

I've seen her this tour already and am actually seeing her in Manchester less than a week after the festival but I love her and what if she does something special for Glastonbury!!

The Cure, I've never seen and whilst they are not a favourite band I do really love some of their songs and have had their best of's in my collection for over 20 years. I would really love to hear some of those songs live but I also know my husband is nowhere near as fussed about them as I am and he really doesn't like The Pyramid at headline time. Think a lot will come down to how tired we are at the end of the festival. 

It's quite hard to do a list as I've several must see's, all for quite different reasons. So mine is taking the act, day, time, venue all into consideration. 

In no particular order, as it stands with confirmed bands....

1. Dream Nails on Truth Stage, Sunday [have fallen in love with this DIY band and what they represent. Will be brilliant to see them on a Glastonbury stage]

2. Dream Wife on Leftfield, Friday [another band I've followed way back since late 2016. First saw them in Crofters, Bristol and to see them on a decent  Glastonbury stage, will be a great triumph for them]

3. Grace Savage, Rumshack, Wednesday 9pm. [Absolutely love her beatboxing and will be a great first night gig having spent the previous few hours catching up with friends and efest meet. Will kick start my festival]

4. Hot Chip, Park, Saturday. [Will be a party at my favourite area of the festival]

5. Snapped Ankles, Crows Nest, Sunday [my favourite venue at Glastonbury, final night and SA will be a brilliant sign off for GF2019]

Edited by Keithy

38 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Hadn't heard of Elvana before, but want to see them now based on that description. 

I saw a clip of a promo of one of their shows and it was everything I didn't know I needed.

I'm assuming/hoping that they'll be playing after midnight so I stand a better chance of catching them!

58 minutes ago, Keithy said:

It's quite hard to do a list as I've several must see's, all for quite different reasons. So mine is taking the act, day, time, venue all into consideration. 

In no particular order, as it stands with confirmed bands....

1. Dream Nails on Truth Stage, Sunday [have fallen in love with this DIY band and what they represent. Will be brilliant to see them on a Glastonbury stage]

2. Dream Wife on Leftfield, Friday [another band I've followed way back since late 2016. First saw them in Crofters, Bristol and to see them on a decent  Glastonbury stage, will be a great triumph for them]

3. Grace Savage, Rumshack, Wednesday 9pm. [Absolutely love her beatboxing and will be a great first night gig having spent the previous few hours catching up with friends and efest meet. Will kick start my festival]

4. Hot Chip, Park, Saturday. [Will be a party at my favourite area of the festival]

5. Snapped Ankles, Crows Nest, Sunday [my favourite venue at Glastonbury, final night and SA will be a brilliant sign off for GF2019]

Christ, Grace Savage. Forgot about her as well. 

How rammed do we think that will be on the Wednesday? Quite, Very or Mega?

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Christ, Grace Savage. Forgot about her as well. 

How rammed do we think that will be on the Wednesday? Quite, Very or Mega?

Bless her, she's worried that nobody will turn up when I was chatting to her on Instagram. I think it'll get busy once she's started as she'll attract people's attention given there will be a lit of people milling around. Hopefully will be a pre set lull. Rumshack is quite a small venue though so will get there a bit before and...drink rum. IIRC, they do some smashingly strong cocktails too.

24 minutes ago, Havors said:

Someones getting their girl power on :D

Yes mate, when am I ever going to see Janet Jackson or Miley Cyrus again?

Also, I've been lucky enough to tick off so many acts on the lineup already.   Acts like The Cure, Liam G, Idles etc I've seen multiple times over the years so aren't "must sees" for me this time around.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1