Your 5 Must Sees

deadpheasant

I am not sure I can come up with 5 must sees at the moment with knowing Arcadia and block 9 

so far I have

1. Stanton Warriors

2. Altern8

3. Idris Elba / Nick Warren b2b Heranan cateano

4. Elvana

5. at the moment it's between hot chip and the chemicals

come on block 9 and Arcadia release that mother fucker 

Edited by shuttlep

28 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Sorry to pee on your bonfire, but The Twilight Sad claim to never have been approached to play.

That's what they would say, Amy Lawn, isn't it? Refusing to give up belief til the full lineup drops.

This is difficult to say without the full lineup and seeing who is clashing etc, I'm also swayed by who I will see at Big Weekend on Saturday otherwise Miley would have made the list:

1. Chemical Brothers

2. Kylie

3. Janelle Monae

4. Christine & The Queens

5. The Streets

Oh go on then... Sticking with officially announced acts and not including DJs (cos that list would be way too hard to whittle down) I'm going for:

The Comet is Coming
Gojira
Mavis Staples
Lauryn Hill
Rosalia

Would have said Christine & the Queens but I have this weird hunch I'm definitely going to end up missing her.

Number 1 must see: Mavis Staples (My only I will definitely see!!) 

Mik Artistik - As he is playing so many times including Wednesday I know I'll end up catching him

So many others are clashing all over the place that I really don't know who I'll see

Do I go Hot Chip (Who I am guaranteed to like) or gamble on Chemical Brothers 

Same with Janelle Monae vs The Cure

Same with This Is The Kit vs Fat White Family

Will hopefully see Lounge Kittens, Kate Tempest, Lizzo and Neneh Cherry

I have a list of about half the line up of things I would like to see so definitely going to be ok but I don't think I have ever been so conflicted or indecisive about who I'm going to see. 

Sorry for not just giving a straight answer but if anyone can give me any steer on my 3 big clashes so far then that'd be awesome! 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Do I go Hot Chip (Who I am guaranteed to like) or gamble on Chemical Brothers 

Same with Janelle Monae vs The Cure

Same with This Is The Kit vs Fat White Family 

I've gone for:

Hot Chip - seeing them if they're playing Glastonbury has become sort of a tradition for me and they've never let me down yet.

Janelle Monae - no brainer for me. My wife thinks I'm obsessed and she might be right.

Desperately wanted to see This is the Kit, but I'm gonna be at Kylie with Mini-Woffy (although this clash is going purely by Clashfinder at its still completely unreliable stage...so I'm hoping it's wrong).

Just now, Woffy said:

I've gone for:

Hot Chip - seeing them if they're playing Glastonbury has become sort of a tradition for me and they've never let me down yet.

Janelle Monae - no brainer for me. My wife thinks I'm obsessed and she might be right.

Desperately wanted to see This is the Kit, but I'm gonna be at Kylie with Mini-Woffy (although this clash is going purely by Clashfinder at its still completely unreliable stage...so I'm hoping it's wrong).

I've seen Hot Chip 4 or 5 times and I know they are going to be brilliant and I love them but never seen Chemical Brothers. Not really a huge fan but think I'd certainly love a greatest hits set which I assume at a festival is what they would do. 

Janelle Monae is tricky as I am actually seeing her in Manchester a week after the festival and have already seen her on this tour but there is no doubt I am obsessed and am convinced she's going to do something magical at Glastonbury. Again The Cure are a greatest hits band for me but some of those hits I really love and I've known and loved those hits for my whole life. I just wonder if they'll be as good a live act as Janelle and if I do go with them whether I'll watch Janelle on tv later and go WHY!!!!

Have seen This Is The Kit and they are great but never seen Fat White Family and really like their new album. 

I realise these are absolutely first world problems I'm having but I reckon I'll be flipping coins on the farm. 

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I've seen Hot Chip 4 or 5 times and I know they are going to be brilliant and I love them but never seen Chemical Brothers. Not really a huge fan but think I'd certainly love a greatest hits set which I assume at a festival is what they would do. 

Janelle Monae is tricky as I am actually seeing her in Manchester a week after the festival and have already seen her on this tour but there is no doubt I am obsessed and am convinced she's going to do something magical at Glastonbury. Again The Cure are a greatest hits band for me but some of those hits I really love and I've known and loved those hits for my whole life. I just wonder if they'll be as good a live act as Janelle and if I do go with them whether I'll watch Janelle on tv later and go WHY!!!!

Have seen This Is The Kit and they are great but never seen Fat White Family and really like their new album. 

I realise these are absolutely first world problems I'm having but I reckon I'll be flipping coins on the farm. 

In short: yer screwed!!! ;) 

I wouldn't even bother thinking about each of them until the day...and even then maybe just before...and decide depending on where you are geographically, meteorologically, spiritually and how - if that's your thing - inebriated you are!

1. Jon Hopkins - this will come as no surprise to anyone. The only thing that could scupper this is that Frank Turner is playing Avalon at roughly the same time and he is more up Mrs kinky's street. I'm hoping the group dynamics at the time will allow me to see hoppo without it causing a problem  (it's her first glasto and all).

2. Kate tempest - always a festival highlight. I'm planning to see the chems after so it's an easy jaunt from the park to the other stage but also leaves the door open for Hot Chip.

3. Gojira/Venom prison - I heard from the guy who runs the management company of venom prison that they are supporting Gojira so am aiming to catch them both if that is true and doesn't interfere with other must sees

4. Elvana - elvis fronted nirvana? Yes please. Let's hope that they have a late slot 

5. The Cure/Janelle Monae - this is a difficult one. Both I really want to see so it really depends on how I'm feeling at the time

And whatever is on Arcadia. Usually a good 80% of the line up is me all over

7 minutes ago, Woffy said:

In short: yer screwed!!! ;) 

I wouldn't even bother thinking about each of them until the day...and even then maybe just before...and decide depending on where you are geographically, meteorologically, spiritually and how - if that's your thing - inebriated you are!

Yes. Think I'll listen to a bit of Cure live and see if I think they can match the great Monae! The rest could be dicided on a whim depending on tiredness levels etc. As I said can't complain too much great music to watch is not really a problem. I'll probably come back and say I watched something totally different but equally great. It's why Glastonbury is just the best!!

• Upvote 1

1. Loyle Carner

2. Stormzy

3. Slowthai

4. Rex Orange County

5. The Killers

In a perfect world Tyler The Creator will be on the full lineup given the surprise lifting of his ban on entering the UK, but I highly doubt it. If so he's on the list.

Edited by jackmerton