Your 5 Must Sees

deadpheasant

Frank Turner - only recently became a fan. He's incredible!

Friendly Fires - saw them for the first time last year and thought they were one helluva live band. Fun music and such energy!

Vampire Weekend - not a huge fan of their latest album but never seen them live and 'Modern Vampires..' is one of my favourite albums of the last few years.

Bastille - unpopular choice this among my group but both albums released so far were on regular rotation for me. Love the movie theme running through Wild World. Keep missing them on the farm too.

Hot Chip/Chems/The Killers - still hugely undecided here on this clash. I'll be seeing Hot Chip at 'All Together Now' in August so maybe more between The Chems and The Killers. I've seen The Chems back in '15 so The Killers may pip but depends on my mood

Edited by basquille

Idles - been wanting to see these guys for a while but keep missing out. Hoping to get near one of their sets.

giant swan - these guys in the glade sounds like serious fun 

koffee - surprised to see her on Park (was assuming no chance after silver Hayes and west holts dropped. One all my friends will be into as well.

Stormzy - pending him releasing a few more bits before the festival? Feel like it might be a classic.

Sons of Kemet - at least two chances now!

reality: probably one of the above

Janelle

Lizzo

Sigrid

Vampire Weekend

Billie Eilish

Idles would’ve been in there a month ago but I’ve cooled on that album considerably in the last few weeks.

Special mentions to Loyle Carner, Stormzy, Kate Tempest, Hot Chip and Frank Turner

1. Gojira

2. Venom Prison

3. err...Kylie

4. MIley

5. The Cure

I can pretty much guarantee I shall be at all of those sets the first two on my own but I cannot turn G/VP down if Glastonbury is putting on some really good metal. The other 3 will be the three times my entire group will be together. There are plenty of others on my list but those 5 are clash proof.......(he says now!)

8 hours ago, mcshed said:

Lizzo 

Hot Chip

Comet Is Coming

Ocean Wisdom

Scalping

Ooh I've got some research to do as your first three could be my choices & I've not heard of the last 2.

Reminds me of 1 year I met a girl at a bar that had written her itenerary down for the day on her hand. It was all bands I wanted to see except headliner she had Phoenix down who I'd never listened to. It was a night I didn't really have a headliner for so I thought fuck it I'm going to see them & they were awesome.

Hope this is another bit of serendipity & I find a new band to enjoy in Ocean wisdom or scalping

• Like 1

Lizzo is definitely no 1.

So much I want to see & don't have much of a priority out the others so could get asked this a hundred times & prob answer differently each time, but I'll go for:

2 hot chip or Chems (what a horrible clash)

3 cut capers

4 rex orange county

5 Mavis Staples

Honourable mentions to vampire weekend, tame impala, Frank turner (1 of my favourite acts, but seen him loads already), Christine & the queen's, Sharon van etten, Sigrid, the comet is coming & 2 door cinema club

Sure there will be some clashes so I won't manage to see all of this.

Edited by found home in 2009

10 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Ooh I've got some research to do as your first three could be my choices & I've not heard of the last 2.

Reminds me of 1 year I met a girl at a bar that had written her itenerary down for the day on her hand. It was all bands I wanted to see except headliner she had Phoenix down who I'd never listened to. It was a night I didn't really have a headliner for so I thought fuck it I'm going to see them & they were awesome.

Hope this is another bit of serendipity & I find a new band to enjoy in Ocean wisdom or scalping

I hope you're not disappointed, there isn't really a stylistic through line to all of them. Ocean Wisdom is hip-hop with old school boom-bap beats who can rap incredibly fast and Scalping are just madness, angular post-punk guitars over techno beats.

1 minute ago, Jah_Roots said:

saw Charli XCX supporting Taylor last year, thought she was brilliant.

but what am i missing, has she been confirmed to play this year?

She's a Glastonbury stan, played the last 4 on the bounce, written a column in the Free Press; she'll be there. That's my lock of the week.

Denzel Curry

IDLES 

Slothai

Little Simz

Fontaines DC.

I've either seen ot have tickets to 4 of these acts so really only 1 of them is a must see (Denzel). And with him only doing the late night areas where I'm gonna be a tad stuffy theres no guarantee I'll get to him. Cant wait to edit this list to throw Gambino in there #GambinoFridaySub