Emily Eavis / Lauren Laverne Worthy Farm

marathonsteve

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

I'm a bit late to the party this morning I'm afraid. What've I missed?

She just read out a message from a listener about how she met her now husband 10 years ago at Glastonbury.  Made me think of you two and giggle :D

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah fair enough. I can't remember the first year of the spider tbh! It's not an area I spend much time at anyway, but will try to get along. Always put off by the big crowds.

The Adterburner was the first Arcadia. Since seen at other festivals (Love Saves the Day, Bestival).

The crowds are generally people gawping at it. If you get through them and under it (in the Spider's case), it's actually not that busy.

I'm planning to stand to the right of the crowd during the Chems.

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

The crowds are generally people gawping at it. If you get through them and under it (in the Spider's case), it's actually not that busy.

That's good to know as someone who has avoided it due to the crowds, even if i've walked past near show times we've thought we'll give this a miss and head elsewhere. Making it a priority to finally give that field a go this year

10 minutes ago, Gabi_says said:

Most exciting news so far, was the bit about the genetically modified fungus that kills mosquitoes spreading malaria ?

Hopefully Emily will knock our socks off in the next hour!

I'll be honest that news about the Greenpeace installation and the water dispensers was enough for me!  That BEAM doodad has got me absolutely buzzing*

*Sorry. Not really. I love a bad pun.

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'll be honest that news about the Greenpeace installation and the water dispensers was enough for me!  That BEAM doodad has got me absolutely buzzing*

*Sorry. Not really. I love a bad pun.

I run out of upvotes but have this just for the bad pun ?

image.png.d28fc90ba7879ba172dbbee06a7a5e98.png

1 minute ago, Gabi_says said:

I run out of upvotes but have this just for the bad pun ?

image.png.d28fc90ba7879ba172dbbee06a7a5e98.png

I'll take that in credit.

My terrible jokes aside, I'm really excited by that.  Going to be one for the small hours I reckon.  Especially reading the list of people involved with creating the soundscape for it:

"This visual experience is complemented by a fluid and ever-changing soundscape based on pre-recorded bee sounds and harmonious stems crafted by the band BE, members of Spiritualized (including Doggen Foster, Kev Bales, James Stelfox and Jason Pierce), Amiina (string section for Sigur Ros), Daniel Avery, Ólafur Arnalds, Camille Christel and Matt Black (Coldcut/Ninja Tune)."

16 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

just listening on catch up. she spoke to the pangea man and said that horse meat disco will be playing pangea... i cant see them on the lineup 

They're definitely on the initial poster....are they down for The Bug like Craig Charles is?