Park Area Announcement

JoeyT

18 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I do not get the reference.

Nah no drink involved. In and of itself it's a pretty boring story, but involves the Professor employing barefaced dishonesty for minor financial gain and just being pretty condescending in person to staff/other assorted low key Tory behaviours, as a pattern on multiple occasions across a few weeks.

I've heard similar stories about Shane Meadows. Not really relevant, I just like the goss.

3 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

It does seem a bit too high for him, yes, but let's consider 2019 a correction course: new and old pop gets pushed up, blokes with guitars down.

Rex is a bloke with a guitar, and the Glastonbury 2019 lineup really isn't indicative of blokes with guitars being pushed down the lineup so far.

9 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I notice she prefers to be called Dr rather than Professor. Given as she is a medical Dr may explain that. 

I really hope that isn’t the reason. Many fine doctors take chairs. 

Edited by sadimmock
Was being a knob

3 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

I've heard similar stories about Shane Meadows. Not really relevant, I just like the goss.

O wow, that a shock. Not way into Shane Meadows or something, but on camera he seems like an affable dweeb.

Might just dump these here for your enjoyment;

Paddy from Take Me Out and Sasha Baron Cohen are both massive tossers.

Paddy from Emmerdale is probably the nicest human being on the face of this planet and I've just had a brainwave right now that we should put him on a bus and tour him around the land and that would heal Brexit divisions.

I always feel a bit sorry for celebrities who have a tiny interaction with someone and it decides their whole personality forever to that person and everyone they ever speak to. I used to live not too far from Peter Kay and Paddy McGuinness and had a couple of encounters with both and they were perfectly fine. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Sasperella said:

The reference is to some months ago when @Phoenix Girl referred to an....urm....prolific ex-poster (who was later banned) as a "weapon", and then once everyone was falling about laughing at his expense, said that she had mistakenly thought the phrase meant "alcoholic liability" rather than "absolute tool"

Jokes. 

I actually had no idea who this professor was until yesterday when everyone started saying they fancied her. But I do like a good "true face of X celebrity" story

5 hours ago, Woffy said:

IIRC @Phoenix Girl - seemingly quite out of the blue - called @Gucci Piggya ‘massive weapon’ thinking it meant he drank a lot. 

Ewwww. FFS. 

Well it looks as though @Gucci Piggy has served his ban because he is leaving rep

59 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I always feel a bit sorry for celebrities who have a tiny interaction with someone and it decides their whole personality forever to that person and everyone they ever speak to. I used to live not too far from Peter Kay and Paddy McGuinness and had a couple of encounters with both and they were perfectly fine. 

That’s actually what Peter Kay wants on his tombstone.

Peter Kay

”Totally fine”

14 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Hmmmmm, don't really know anything off that poster. Any tips?

Thunderstruck, check out Lankum. Hard to pick one representative song. They do trad, drone, folk, music hall....

Edited by Watergirl
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Whilst I appreciate that, this is a bit more of a "when the cameras are off" encounter. 

To be honest, without going into specifics, all I do is make myself look a bit of an arse!

13 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I've added the other stages in the Park area to The Park and the main Spotify playlists, based on setlists where possible as usual. I must say the incredible jazz lineup in the Wormhole is getting me very excited!

I'm really excited about it too! Really hope I get to spend some decent time there. We were playing your Spotify playlist last night and and starting to think I will have more clashes than I realised... thankfully most are the low-key clashes though where I could happily see either. Not Pumpkins/Cave, Janelle/Cure level.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Relationship with the fest can work both ways though in terms of getting them to play lower down just because they love the fest and will just want to be there. Damon seems a mixed bag sometimes comes across as having a huge ego but other times can come across as quite humble. 

Yeah appears variable. I think he struggles in interviews to articulate things. Can come across as confused or just a luvvie (eg Live Forever documentary). Surprised he would give up headliner status, especially when blur and gorillaz seem to guard that status so carefully 

29 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm really excited about it too! Really hope I get to spend some decent time there. We were playing your Spotify playlist last night and and starting to think I will have more clashes than I realised... thankfully most are the low-key clashes though where I could happily see either. Not Pumpkins/Cave, Janelle/Cure level.

There will always be clashes. It’s a Law of Glastonbury.

Maybe worse this year when there are maybe less obvious standouts on the lineup and people (certainly me) have fewer ‘absolute must sees’ but more ‘would very much like to sees’.

46 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

There will always be clashes. It’s a Law of Glastonbury.

Maybe worse this year when there are maybe less obvious standouts on the lineup and people (certainly me) have fewer ‘absolute must sees’ but more ‘would very much like to sees’.

Yeah I've definitely got more of the latter but at the moment at least I'm choosing to see that as a good thing!

11 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Whilst I appreciate that, this is a bit more of a "when the cameras are off" encounter. 

To be honest, without going into specifics, all I do is make myself look a bit of an arse!

Well Lorraine Kelly showed us that it's all an act (for tax reasons) 

I just think fame would mess with your head and make you guarded and maybe a bit of a dick to people you don't know but just saying people can be different to different people. I remember being sat opposite Roy Keane in an airport lounge once and all I could hear was people saying 'It's Roy Keane' all the time. I was sat close enough to him that I'm pretty sure he could hear it too. I remember thinking how weird that would be to hear constantly.